Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh! My mil told dd she is a "porker"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd is 11. She is not overweight but has put on some weight over the last few months. I think it is because her hormones and body are starting to change. Today she ate a normal size plate and then asked for a slice of pie for dessert. My mil said to her "you really shouldn't eat too much, you are already a little porker". I was extremely angry and snapped. She is already self-conscious over gaining the weight and starting to develop. I do not want her to have a negative body-image. She is beautiful and not fat at all. I am so angry that my mil said that. She wasn't joking, it was said in a rude way. Every time I think about it, I get more and more upset! My sil said she was always critical of her looks and weight when she was younger.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:13 AM
I know! Dd didn't even eat too much to begin with (it would still be horrible to say even if she did!)

Quoting Sanctimommy:

On THANKSGIVING???

Sorry about the capslock. But that last part really needed emphasis.

That's a mean-ass Grandma, right there.

Way to give the kid an eating disorder, Grandma, jeez.

Marja2011
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:13 AM
In your own home? Man she would have been promptly kicked out of my house and not welcomed back until she said sorry and meant it. I'm sorry mama.
Quoting Anonymous:

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM

:( 

haunted.mommy
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I would have kicked her the fuck out of my house that is how eating disorders get started what a bitch!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Oh, she left after I went off! She said she was only trying to help her! Really? By making her feel bad about herself??

Quoting Marja2011:

In your own home? Man she would have been promptly kicked out of my house and not welcomed back until she said sorry and meant it. I'm sorry mama.

Quoting Anonymous:

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:18 AM
My stepmom is that way. She's kind of superficial and sometimes it seems like her priorities are out of whack. She used to be very critical of every bite I put in my mouth and was very controlling when it came to food. Once I ordered a coffee and she totay embarrassed me by saying ale sure it has SKIM milk and artificial sugar!' to the barista. I was like, 16...it was so embarrassing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Wow. That's so harsh! Your poor daughter.

ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Yeah,that bitch would have gotten kicked out of my house real quick.

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:22 AM

well I think that would be the last time my MIL saw my dd..... there would have been some words spoken by me for sure!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Family sucks. My MIL is a moron. our son is 3 and she REFUSES to let the kid go pee on the toilet.  He has not seen her in a month and when we went over there for thanksgiving #2 she was so shocked he did not wet his clothes all day. Oh and the WTF look he gave when she handed him a sippy cup. Was a "I do not drink baby cups!" The boy has not used a sippy cup since he was 2...She is a nut. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)