Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh! My mil told dd she is a "porker"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd is 11. She is not overweight but has put on some weight over the last few months. I think it is because her hormones and body are starting to change. Today she ate a normal size plate and then asked for a slice of pie for dessert. My mil said to her "you really shouldn't eat too much, you are already a little porker". I was extremely angry and snapped. She is already self-conscious over gaining the weight and starting to develop. I do not want her to have a negative body-image. She is beautiful and not fat at all. I am so angry that my mil said that. She wasn't joking, it was said in a rude way. Every time I think about it, I get more and more upset! My sil said she was always critical of her looks and weight when she was younger.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:13 AM
I know! Dd didn't even eat too much to begin with (it would still be horrible to say even if she did!)

Quoting Sanctimommy:

On THANKSGIVING???

Sorry about the capslock. But that last part really needed emphasis.

That's a mean-ass Grandma, right there.

Way to give the kid an eating disorder, Grandma, jeez.

Marja2011
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:13 AM
In your own home? Man she would have been promptly kicked out of my house and not welcomed back until she said sorry and meant it. I'm sorry mama.
Quoting Anonymous:

mmtosam06
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM

:( 

haunted.mommy
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I would have kicked her the fuck out of my house that is how eating disorders get started what a bitch!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Oh, she left after I went off! She said she was only trying to help her! Really? By making her feel bad about herself??

Quoting Marja2011:

In your own home? Man she would have been promptly kicked out of my house and not welcomed back until she said sorry and meant it. I'm sorry mama.

Quoting Anonymous:

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:18 AM
My stepmom is that way. She's kind of superficial and sometimes it seems like her priorities are out of whack. She used to be very critical of every bite I put in my mouth and was very controlling when it came to food. Once I ordered a coffee and she totay embarrassed me by saying ale sure it has SKIM milk and artificial sugar!' to the barista. I was like, 16...it was so embarrassing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Wow. That's so harsh! Your poor daughter.

ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Yeah,that bitch would have gotten kicked out of my house real quick.

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:22 AM

well I think that would be the last time my MIL saw my dd..... there would have been some words spoken by me for sure!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Family sucks. My MIL is a moron. our son is 3 and she REFUSES to let the kid go pee on the toilet.  He has not seen her in a month and when we went over there for thanksgiving #2 she was so shocked he did not wet his clothes all day. Oh and the WTF look he gave when she handed him a sippy cup. Was a "I do not drink baby cups!" The boy has not used a sippy cup since he was 2...She is a nut. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)