Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh! My mil told dd she is a "porker"

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dd is 11. She is not overweight but has put on some weight over the last few months. I think it is because her hormones and body are starting to change. Today she ate a normal size plate and then asked for a slice of pie for dessert. My mil said to her "you really shouldn't eat too much, you are already a little porker". I was extremely angry and snapped. She is already self-conscious over gaining the weight and starting to develop. I do not want her to have a negative body-image. She is beautiful and not fat at all. I am so angry that my mil said that. She wasn't joking, it was said in a rude way. Every time I think about it, I get more and more upset! My sil said she was always critical of her looks and weight when she was younger.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:40 AM
Wow! I would be one unhappy momma in that situation! Does she do this when you're there as well or just if she babysits? My ds is two and a half and we are struggling with him potty training. He is our fourth kid and all of my kids were PT by this age and he just isn't ready and I would much rather not have to change diapers! I can't imagine preferring a diaper! Is she afraid he will miss or does she have some deeper issues? Is she trying to keep him a baby? I would have to put my foot down on that one! Do you let her put him in diapers? Does it hinder his PT? No judgement! I'm just curious!

Quoting Anonymous:

She would rather change a diaper on a 45lb soon-to-be 4 year old. I mean you bring him to the toilet, pull down his pants and underwear, watch him pee. MAYBE help him aim by shifting his back but he pees, flushes and "makes bubbles". We made hand-washing a game. She buys him diapers. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What?nshe won't let your son use the bathroom or did I misunderstand that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Family sucks. My MIL is a moron. our son is 3 and she REFUSES to let the kid go pee on the toilet.  He has not seen her in a month and when we went over there for thanksgiving #2 she was so shocked he did not wet his clothes all day. Oh and the WTF look he gave when she handed him a sippy cup. Was a "I do not drink baby cups!" The boy has not used a sippy cup since he was 2...She is a nut. 

Breamarkable
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:41 AM
"I'd rather her have a couple extra pounds than be a crass, insensitive bitch."
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marja2011
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:42 AM
I can understand that. I think its a good move on you to cut her out again.
Quoting Anonymous:

isyn3cams
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:43 AM
I love my mil but if she ever said something like that to my daughter id go off on her....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:44 AM
What a bitch! Yes it is her real grandmother. Thankfully noone that was around laughed. I would have kicked everyone out. In fact, my sil was really pissed off too. We were both yelling at her. Dh came into the kitchen to see what was going on and then told his mom she is going to die all alone because she is such a bitch. He told her to leave. He is normally very respectful but she was completely out of line.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

That is so mean. My step mother licked on me about being heavy when I was about that age. She even went so far as to cut out slimfast coupons and wrap the in a box like a gift and put it under the christmas tree. I cried for an hour b4 I open anything else. She was so mean and everyone just laughed when she poked fun at me. She told me "stop crying and get used to it youll never be skinny". Well I have had 3 C-sections and am now 110 pounds and I buy my jeans in 2s and 12-14 in kids...I am very short so the fit better and I dont have to hem them. Tell your daughter that she is beautiful and not to worry about the hateful things people say...OMG I can believe her grandma said this...is it her real granma??/

mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:45 AM

WOW. that seems crazy. At least your baby was smart enough to not take it..woulda been even more awkward....imagine your 6 yr old walkin around with a sippie. My son will be 3 in jan. and he doesnt even use a sippie. He has one of those cups with the little flip up straw for in the car, he hasnt use a sippie in 7 months

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Family sucks. My MIL is a moron. our son is 3 and she REFUSES to let the kid go pee on the toilet.  He has not seen her in a month and when we went over there for thanksgiving #2 she was so shocked he did not wet his clothes all day. Oh and the WTF look he gave when she handed him a sippy cup. Was a "I do not drink baby cups!" The boy has not used a sippy cup since he was 2...She is a nut. 

My son was that way too. he is 6 and my grandma tried to give him a sippy cup last time we were there and he actually said "Gigi, I'm a school ager, I dont need a lid anymore...." my grandma was maaaad when I didnt make him take it.... I told her she was the reason I almost needed braces at 12 (she encourages the bottle till 2-3 and sippys until like 9... we lived with her most of my childhood...)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:45 AM
That is crazy!

Quoting Anonymous:

MommiE8983
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:46 AM
When people say mean or hurtful things to my dd (not often since shes only 3) I encourage her to stand up for herself and tell that person, Hey you hurt my feelings I wish you wouldn't say that again. Maybe granny will apologize if she realizes how much she hurt her grand child. I'm sorry your dd had to go through that. I would be livid too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Oh not a probelm. I honestly have no idea how her brain works. We have been working on potty training for about a year now and he has been "ready" for the past 6 months. Dh used to pull the whole "You deserve a break" bullshit to get her to babysit. We have been distant to overnight stays for 8 months now. I think she just wants to baby him. He still has a night time diaper but when at home he is in his big boy underwear. I worry about him missing, but i would rather clean a toilet and bathroom and be proud he is growing up then just change a diaper. I think its just her being lazy. We have another baby coming soon and i will be dammed if i will have to change 2 in diapers. 1 is bad enough. She baby's him big time. And the cup thing, why more work? If you hand the kid a cup and tell him when he is done it goes on the table he will put it back where he is shown. Im telling you, she is a basket case.

banging head into wall

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow! I would be one unhappy momma in that situation! Does she do this when you're there as well or just if she babysits? My ds is two and a half and we are struggling with him potty training. He is our fourth kid and all of my kids were PT by this age and he just isn't ready and I would much rather not have to change diapers! I can't imagine preferring a diaper! Is she afraid he will miss or does she have some deeper issues? Is she trying to keep him a baby? I would have to put my foot down on that one! Do you let her put him in diapers? Does it hinder his PT? No judgement! I'm just curious!

Quoting Anonymous:

She would rather change a diaper on a 45lb soon-to-be 4 year old. I mean you bring him to the toilet, pull down his pants and underwear, watch him pee. MAYBE help him aim by shifting his back but he pees, flushes and "makes bubbles". We made hand-washing a game. She buys him diapers. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What?nshe won't let your son use the bathroom or did I misunderstand that?

Quoting Anonymous:

mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I would have done the same thing mama. Im kinda going through this with my 5 yr old. She is a little bigger then her 7 yr old sister. I try to explain to her that she isnt fat and that her sister was a very small baby and she is just really skinny. She feels like she is fat because I have to buy size 6 jeans and medium shirts and her sister wears 5slims and xs shirts, My 7 yr old is very tiny..by no means is my 5 yr old fat. I just tell her she is the beautifulest freckled face 5 yr old in the whole world..

Quoting Anonymous:

What a bitch! Yes it is her real grandmother. Thankfully noone that was around laughed. I would have kicked everyone out. In fact, my sil was really pissed off too. We were both yelling at her. Dh came into the kitchen to see what was going on and then told his mom she is going to die all alone because she is such a bitch. He told her to leave. He is normally very respectful but she was completely out of line.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

That is so mean. My step mother licked on me about being heavy when I was about that age. She even went so far as to cut out slimfast coupons and wrap the in a box like a gift and put it under the christmas tree. I cried for an hour b4 I open anything else. She was so mean and everyone just laughed when she poked fun at me. She told me "stop crying and get used to it youll never be skinny". Well I have had 3 C-sections and am now 110 pounds and I buy my jeans in 2s and 12-14 in kids...I am very short so the fit better and I dont have to hem them. Tell your daughter that she is beautiful and not to worry about the hateful things people say...OMG I can believe her grandma said this...is it her real granma??/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)