Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That was gross!

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:42 AM
  • 12 Replies
My grandma smokes, a lot. She made the green bean casserole. I took a nice big bite and nearly vomited. It tasted like ASHES!! Gross! It was all I could do not to spit it right out!!

I made sure neither of my kids had any, warned DH (quietly) and I had a single bite of bread to get that taste out of my mouth and I was DONE.

If I had said anything, it would have caused crazy drama. I was supposed to take home leftovers, even brought my own containers... I "forgot". Yuck!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nicky2911
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Freakin nasty! Though half the reason i don't like big family get togethers is there is always some reason you can't point out anything, even in a nice way, because that one person will flip. Ugh I hate so much drama!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:48 AM
Stop being so dramatic :)

Quoting Nicky2911:

Freakin nasty! Though half the reason i don't like big family get togethers is there is always some reason you can't point out anything, even in a nice way, because that one person will flip. Ugh I hate so much drama!

Nicky2911
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Lol... my entire childhood I was used to just me and my mom and maybe a close friend or two. Now that I'm with SO, who has a huge family, I'm having to deal with the fuss that comes with so many people. It can get to a person ^-^

Quoting Anonymous:

Stop being so dramatic :)

Quoting Nicky2911:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Are you sure she didn't do that "smoked bean" flavor, like the green beans they have at Cracker Barrel? They make them like that on purpose and it's disgusting, but maybe she likes them and fixed them that way before actually making the casserole!

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:56 AM

eeewwww thats gross

melissam21
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:59 AM
Ew
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:07 AM
How old is your grandma?
Is she senile? Is she dirty?
Has something like this ever happened before?
Do you even realize how much actual cigarette ash would need to be in there for you to taste it the way you describe?
Do you think she did it on purpose?
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:58 AM
Yes. It was regular green bean casserole. I think that she was smoking when putting it into the casserole dish and the ash fell off into the dish. Then she didn't notice and put the fried onions.

Yuck. I think I was the "lucky" person to get the mouthful of ash.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you sure she didn't do that "smoked bean" flavor, like the green beans they have at Cracker Barrel? They make them like that on purpose and it's disgusting, but maybe she likes them and fixed them that way before actually making the casserole!

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:01 AM
70s.

Not senile or dirty. Distracted. Grandpa is dying. He has a blocked artery in his heart, the can't do surgery to fix it because of his heart. It's too weak to withstand ANY surgery. So, there's nothing to do but wait. And smoking relieves her stress.

I think that the ash dropped off as she put it into the casserole dish & she didn't notice before putting the onions. Yucky!

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is your grandma?

Is she senile? Is she dirty?

Has something like this ever happened before?

Do you even realize how much actual cigarette ash would need to be in there for you to taste it the way you describe?

Do you think she did it on purpose?

BeAmour
by Tonya on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:01 AM

There is NO WAY I would have even been in that house!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN