Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Playing with my camera...pic heavy.

Posted by   + Show Post

Disclaimer: I am in NO WAY a professional. I am a novice hobbyist so please be nice, I know they aren't "professional", I'm still learning and I just felt like sharing my Thanksgiving peacefulness today.

The End.

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:53 AM
Replies (41-50):
BeAmour
by Tonya on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:49 PM

It was one of those "perfect time and place" situations.

I had walked over to the trail and stopped at the palm tree one and how it was shining through and the rays were beautiful, so I snapped that one, too. I didn't walk more than 10 steps and the sunset was gone for the night. I was like, wow...had I been 10 minutes later, I wouldn't have gotten that shot.

Quoting idee:

It makes me want to visit that spot. It looks so peaceful.

Quoting BeAmour:

LOL that is my main objective so I suppose it's a good day when you get that "one perfect shot" after a few hours of shooting :-).

That one I was really excited about because that didn't need any editing, at all. It's basically SOOC. I tweaked the curves just a smidge but it didn't alter it to the untrained eye. Those are the photos your live to get as a hobbyist :-).

It was shot in full manual, too :-)

Quoting idee:

I like the one by the dock with the sunset. It looks professional.

desperatelyTTC
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Good job! Where is this beach? So pretty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:50 PM

very nice.

BeAmour
by Tonya on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd love to be professional but I'm years away from that. I've got the general knowledge of photography from a few years of research and I started with a Nikon D3000 and did a lot of practice with that one but my stbxh pawned it while I was in the hospital. I'm blessed to have parents who think I have photography potential and got me a Nikon D5100 for my birthday.

This was my first shoot with it. I only shoot in manual, imo, it's the only way to get the desired photo you're looking for. I've been studying my camera since I got it but never took it out for it's "maiden voyage".

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

wow..well um in my opinion you should try to be a professional lol. These are really good! I love the clarity and composition of them too! what type of camera do you have?

banana-bear
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:52 PM
I like the 11th one the best :o)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erikays
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Love the last pic! Love the beach, I live by it too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Tonya on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:54 PM

:-) thank you.

That actually turned out to be a quick snap. I was frustrated with having to turn my back everytime the wind would blow and the sand was blasting the crap out of me. I thought it looked pretty neat blowing so I pointed my camera and just held down the shudder and it snapped like 15 photos. If I flipped through them quickly, it looked pretty cool. LOL, this was the one I liked the most, even though I was getting pissed off.

Quoting :

LilynAustin
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM

new port richey area.

Quoting BeAmour:

What part of FL do you live in?

Quoting LilynAustin:

Yeah, I live in Florida, about 10 minutes from the beach myself, and it is SO SO cold!!  Last night it was 39 outside (probably colder, but that was at 1 am)  BRRRRRR!!!  Nothing like standing on the beach to watch the sunset, and that cold wind comes right off the water...

Quoting BeAmour:

Aww! I live 10mins from the beach. It was effing COLDDD yesterday.

Quoting Anonymous:

*farts*

I'm jealous. I haven't been to the beach since 2010.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
Austin 2/28/07  Lily 2/21/08  Aubrey 4/30/10 

AubreeG16
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM

They are really pretty!

BeAmour
by Tonya on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Cocoa Beach, FL.

Technically, it's Cape Canaveral in the little spot that I go but it turns into Cocoa Beach in about 3 miles. LOL

Quoting desperatelyTTC:

Good job! Where is this beach? So pretty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)