Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'd like to visit my family but i'm not sure when...need some advice!

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:35 PM
  • 4 Replies

I live in south ga. my sister lives out west and my parents and family live in the northeast. I am getting a holiday bonus this year. I was thinking about travelling up north to see my mom and my nana (I havent seen nana is almost 10 years, she has dimensia and is 90. I HAVE to see her.). My mom has yet to meet DD and my nana hasnt met either of my children. With her dimensia, she might not even rememmber me. Anyways, I was thinking about travelling by train. DS would LOVE that. Whether DH will join us, i'm not sure. But I figure while it will take longer, it might be easier. The dilemma lies in the timing. My sister is getting married in June (6 days before DD's first bday mmhmmm). She said maybe dad could chip in and help us travel out west for the wedding. That would be nice too. But it really just sounds like a hassle. That will be a long plane ride with two young children plus we'd have to drag along the car seats, a playpen, etc. I cant afford to travel twice. I'd love to go out west ad see my sister get married. But I need to see my grandmother and introduce her to first great-grandchildren. What should I do :(

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:38 PM
I would see your Nana and your mother

But that's just me i was given the choice a few years ago to visit family I haven't seen since I was 13 or go visit my dad

Well my dad suprised me and took me up to Mass to visit the family

My son got to meet his great grandfather and my grandfather got to meet his first born great grandson

My grandfather passed away this month

As wonder as weddings are, grandparents are around for forever
Owl_Feather
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

But that's just me i was given the choice a few years ago to visit family I haven't seen since I was 13 or go visit my dad

My son got to meet his great grandfather and my grandfather got to meet his first born great grandson

yeah true. Nana is the last of my family :( I believe even the eldest. Since learning of the wedding date, I was a bit hesitant to want to go. I mean yeah birthdays come and go, but this is my daughters first birthday. A big deal! My sister suggested it could be a wedding/1st bday party celebration. Yeeeeeeah no. Can we say....chaaaaaors? draaaaama? LOL I dont want her feelings to be hurt :( But I have to admit, my nana comes first.

Owl_Feather
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:03 PM

daaaaayum it would be like $400 to travel. uuugh time to sell the house LOL

oooooh thats for one way :/

lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:48 PM
If you already know your Nana comes first you have your answer!

Your sister might be upset but she might get over it and then again might not

People marry/divorce everyday, no offense, a wedding isn't as important as a grandmother who will not live long in my eyes

Quoting Owl_Feather:

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah true. Nana is the last of my family :( I believe even the eldest. Since learning of the wedding date, I was a bit hesitant to want to go. I mean yeah birthdays come and go, but this is my daughters first birthday. A big deal! My sister suggested it could be a wedding/1st bday party celebration. Yeeeeeeah no. Can we say....chaaaaaors? draaaaama? LOL I dont want her feelings to be hurt :( But I have to admit, my nana comes first.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured