Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Got the paragard

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM
  • 12 Replies
A couple hours ago. He did a pap and then inserted it. It took about 10 mins total, at the most. I took a couple of hydrocodones lol so that helped relax me. I don't do well relaxing during exams so I needed something for pain/relaxation. None of it hurt, I was surprised. I didn't feel him insert the iud. I mean, I felt something go in there but that was it. I'm cramping some now but I'm going to turn on my heat pad or take a hot bath. I'm glad I no longer have to pop a pill everyday, yay! (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:39 PM
I got it months ago but I had a totally different experience, it was horrible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Mine hurt like no other when they dialated my cervix. BUT I have scar tissue
sbreece
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:41 PM
I got the Mirena last week. It definitely wasn't nearly as bad as everyone said it would be. I didbt even feel it going in nor did I cramp much. I bled a little but that's it. Im all for not having to remember pills!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Just be careful of how your uterus contracts and your movements. I had the Paragard for almost 4 years and it had slipped lower into my cervix and had started protruding. I knew something was horribly wrong with it the last 6 months I'd had it, I kept feeling it move, my GYN "didn't see anything wrong with it because he still saw the strings," ended up feeling super sick with extreme cramps, went to the ER had to have it removed right there because they were afraid it'd perforate my cervix.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:45 PM
I was reading some stuff online about some women's experiences so I was a little freaked out. Why was your experience horrible?

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Scar tissue from vaginal births?

Quoting svolkov:

Mine hurt like no other when they dialated my cervix. BUT I have scar tissue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:48 PM
I got mine last January and its been great so far.
Devious333
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:49 PM
I'm cramping a little but it will feel better once I'm laying down. I was mostly worried about it perforating my uterus.

Quoting sbreece:

I got the Mirena last week. It definitely wasn't nearly as bad as everyone said it would be. I didbt even feel it going in nor did I cramp much. I bled a little but that's it. Im all for not having to remember pills!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM
The ”sounding the uterus”, where they measure it was so painful, I had contractions during and the rest of the day. I had pain during PMS for months after and crazy bleeding. But it's fine now and I don't regret it.

Quoting Devious333:

I was reading some stuff online about some women's experiences so I was a little freaked out. Why was your experience horrible?

Quoting la-cosa-nostra:

novachick
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 3:52 PM
I got it like 3 weeks ago. I didn't take anything and it also didn't hurt barely at all. I didn't need anything after and the cramps were very mild only for a few hours. I am very happy with it do far
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)