Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Pit Bull Story From Last Night

Posted by   + Show Post

Love him dearly. He has a habit of getting excited around new people and jumping on them, scratching them (hurts!) Plus, it's just annoying lol . Yes, we correct him and he listens pretty well, but since we were having Thanksgiving Dinner at our house last night with my parents and sister, Gator was in the crate. My mom has MS and is severely disabled, in a wheelchair, and has lived in a nursing home for 8 years. We picked her up, checked her out and brought her to my house yesterday for Turkey Day. My mom has always been  an animal lover, and was just begging me to let him out because she wanted to see him up close. Reluctantly, I finally agreed and let him out. He came right over to my mom, wagging his tail. I was prepared to yell at him when I thought he was going to jump on her, but instead I was amazed at how gentle he was. He came up to her, nuzzled her legs and very gently raised himself up to her level face-to-face. He layed his head down on her chest and let her pet him. It was so wonderful to see her so happy, and she loved every minute of it as he gave her kisses.  Anybody else, he would have excitedly jumped on them (even cut, his nails hurt). It's like he could sense that this was somebody who was weak and he needed to be gentle and kind. It's the same dog who when I'm in bed crying, will come inch up to me and give me love and snuggles to make me feel better. He is very intelligent, loving, and kind.

But if you break into my house, you'd turn RIGHT back around, lol.

BASH AWAY  .

My dad has some really nice pictures of my mom:dog encounter lol, I have to get them from him. 

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:23 PM
He looks like Caesar Milan's Pit bull Daddy. :)

I have a Boxer and.know what you mean about the nails. She is always stepping on my feet with her sharp claws. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Amazing story!!!
Beautiful puppy!!!

Love his name! I am from Tampa!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Poor dog named gator. *sigh* ;)

Wildcat would of been a better name ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM
We have a boxer who gets excited when he sees people. My mom had stayed with is after neck surgery. I let him in one day while she was sitting on the couch, I told him kennel. He took off running and made a quick stop in front of my mom and sat at her feet and really gently put his head on her. Dogs are very smart and can sense things. I don't know why people feel like they need to talk about what their pits do. If someone hates them a cute pic will not change their minds. Sucks, but is true.
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM
The lab we had was like that with my husband's autistic cousin
cardingtonlizzy
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Awwww, the doggie I want to get from the pound is a pit mix, he's the sweetest boy in the world
mstricey
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:28 PM
He's adorable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
karisma22
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Dogs can sense things like that.  One of my friends had a rescue boxer, who could sense when someone was not feeling well.  

sarah.xo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Quoting NOLAmommaKRYS:

Dogs are very smart. He likely sensed that she was weak and acted the correct way. How amazing.

And I love his name lol
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:32 PM
how sweet! he is a beautiful dog.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN