Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Pit Bull Story From Last Night

Posted by   + Show Post

Love him dearly. He has a habit of getting excited around new people and jumping on them, scratching them (hurts!) Plus, it's just annoying lol . Yes, we correct him and he listens pretty well, but since we were having Thanksgiving Dinner at our house last night with my parents and sister, Gator was in the crate. My mom has MS and is severely disabled, in a wheelchair, and has lived in a nursing home for 8 years. We picked her up, checked her out and brought her to my house yesterday for Turkey Day. My mom has always been  an animal lover, and was just begging me to let him out because she wanted to see him up close. Reluctantly, I finally agreed and let him out. He came right over to my mom, wagging his tail. I was prepared to yell at him when I thought he was going to jump on her, but instead I was amazed at how gentle he was. He came up to her, nuzzled her legs and very gently raised himself up to her level face-to-face. He layed his head down on her chest and let her pet him. It was so wonderful to see her so happy, and she loved every minute of it as he gave her kisses.  Anybody else, he would have excitedly jumped on them (even cut, his nails hurt). It's like he could sense that this was somebody who was weak and he needed to be gentle and kind. It's the same dog who when I'm in bed crying, will come inch up to me and give me love and snuggles to make me feel better. He is very intelligent, loving, and kind.

But if you break into my house, you'd turn RIGHT back around, lol.

BASH AWAY  .

My dad has some really nice pictures of my mom:dog encounter lol, I have to get them from him. 

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Replies (21-30):
Brooke0
by Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:32 PM
He is a beautiful color...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM
My boxer does that too. She rowdy as hell playing with me, tackles me, wrestles, etc. But with my two year olds, she will lay down still as a stone and let them pet her, pull her ears, poke her tail, etc. I think dogs can tell when they need to tone it down.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have a boxer who gets excited when he sees people. My mom had stayed with is after neck surgery. I let him in one day while she was sitting on the couch, I told him kennel. He took off running and made a quick stop in front of my mom and sat at her feet and really gently put his head on her. Dogs are very smart and can sense things. I don't know why people feel like they need to talk about what their pits do. If someone hates them a cute pic will not change their minds. Sucks, but is true.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM

That is really sweet.

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Awwwwww, I love his name!!!!!! Our baby girl (all 65 lbs of her, not so much a baby anymore) is named Dakota. She's a yellow lap (I mean lab). Lol.

Dogs are a by product of their owner. A true reflection of you.

Very cool story. I used to have a roti/black lab mix, her name was Zena. Most loveable dog alive!.People feared her because she was a roti. Unless you were trying to break in or hurt me, she was very loyal and very gentle.

Dakota is the same way. Very loving and loyal, only goes into "attack" mode when she feels we are being threatened in any way.

Thank you for sharing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeannie39
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Beautiful Pit!! I've had several Pits and they were big babies. Thank you for a nice story about Pitbulls. There has been alot of negative post about them lately. Give Gator a little pet and rub from me. lol

It strange to me, how some people hate them so much, yet when they meet a nice one, they still say its the exception.

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Aww, what a pretty dog. :)

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:37 PM

brought tears to my eyes! 

meilasmama
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM
We have 2 pits and they are the exact same way, hyper and excited around people yet very gentle when they need to be. Awesome w/ our 3 yr old daughter and 2 cats as well. To everyone that hates a dog because of their bread must be a racist p.o.s cuz its like hating someone because of the color of their skin or because they are different from u. Piss off, mind ur own buisness and go hate elsewhere.. Free to have your own opinion yes but keep it to yourself if its rude and disrespectful. This annonomous poster is a idiot! Affraid to show who you really are? You hate all pits and their owners? Come say you hate me to my face because of the dogmas i own, that youve never met! Ha, grow the F up!
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM
As said before, it's definitely the owner and not the breed in which defines how an animal is. I hate the people that lump a bad incident from a breed and apply it to all dogs of that breed. We had a beautiful Rott when we were growing up that would literally let the little ones do whatever to her and never did she nip or bite.

My best friend owns three pits and they are gentle as all get out and think that they are small lap dogs. Unless you are threatening the family or breaking in, then turn around and get moving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah.xo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM
We have a lab, hound pit mix
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)