Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm upset that my parents buy my kids so much...am I wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies

We don't have a lot to spend on Christmas this year, but we were able to get our kids about four things each. Nothing big, but stuff they will like, plus our stockings. My oldest is three, so that would be plenty, IMO. However, my parents have bought them probably 20 gifts each. I'm actually in tears bc compared to their house, our house will be nothing. They always out do me on e erything, and for once, I would like for our house to be something special. I know it's selfish for me to think that way, but it's every freaking holiday and anything else special. It makes me feel like shit in comparison.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Let them enjoy their grandkids!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Not to mention, I asked for them to buy only three gifts each because I think if they get TOO much, they appreciate things less. 

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Have them bring some of the stuff over to your house.  It'll still be from them, but it'll be evened out.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

BeAmour
by Tonya on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:25 PM

See if maybe one year they can combine gifts and put them all under your tree and everyone come over your house to do Christmas.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM
I don't get upset but I have asked my parents to scale back mostly because they don't need 20 more toys each. lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM
3 moms liked this
thats what grandparents are for! im thankful that my gandparents do so much for my kids, especially when i cant!
4_little_angels
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this
It's not selfish for you to think that at all. I know how you feel. My mother does the same thing. I'm glad that they can experience certain things but I would rather it be me that gives it to them.
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM
We did this lady year. my parents and I split the cost and spent about $1k total. It was a good idea. This year they will be getting more from my parents because we're only doing 5 gifts and stockings.

Quoting BeAmour:

See if maybe one year they can combine gifts and put them all under your tree and everyone come over your house to do Christmas.

SusieQue717
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

You guys don't do it together? I remember the first christmas that my daughter and me were at my mother's house... My daughter after opening about half the presents was like... Mom, I'm tired! Can I stop opening presents already? LOL 

rockinmomto2
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Why does it matter where it's more "special"? We don't get the kids much because we know they'll be getting a lot from other people. Besides...it's just a day. Don't let it bother you so much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN