Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

sick with a 3 mth old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
My daughter is my first baby so I'm a new Mommy I never knew how hard it was to be sick with a child.I deffinetly don't think I gave my mom enough credit growing up.I have this awful cold and it feels like bronchitis sometimes especially since I have asthma so it's horrible.I'm trying to be the best mom I can be for my daughter but I feel myself sometimes just going crazy when she crys when she's fed and changed and I've been holding her for awhile.It just feels like my patience are shot sometimes.I know I'm a mom so I have my big girl panties on but still you just need time to vent.When your this sick you just wish you could sleep and lounge around but I know I can't.So I asked my mom to keep the baby so she doesn't get sick because she could pretty quick she was a nicu baby and she won't.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Those were the times that daddy took over or Grammy came and took over.
Hope you feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Aww hugs!! I hope you feel better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pita369
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Been there as well... Nasty sinus infection that she ended up getting!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM
My husband works two jobs and I'm at my mom's for now but I still have to take care of her here.It seems like my mom gets annoyed with her sometimes here and I don't want to get on her bad side and her think im a bad mom.I literally keep having tissues up my nose because my nose is a faucet.

Quoting myperfect4inok:

lovinglife0682
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM
It is worse when they are sick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:54 PM
I pray I don't get her sick I would feel horrible.I want to get a forehead thermometer for her so we have line and I can take her temperature when she's sleeping when we need to.I hate using the rectal one the pedi made me one time and the other one takes forever.

Quoting Pita369:

Been there as well... Nasty sinus infection that she ended up getting!
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Awww I'm sorry.
My husband works 16+ hour days he would still come home and help me. Even if it meant me going to bed when he got home and him putting the kids to bed.
Grammy here never thought I was a bad mom. She took the kids especially when they were babies because she didn't want them getting sick too.
I'm sorry you don't have much help.

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband works two jobs and I'm at my mom's for now but I still have to take care of her here.It seems like my mom gets annoyed with her sometimes here and I don't want to get on her bad side and her think im a bad mom.I literally keep having tissues up my nose because my nose is a faucet.

Quoting myperfect4inok:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Can you call someone to pick her up for a couple hours?
I know it's hard but moms don't get sick days!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Yeah my mom won't take her over night until I get better because she says she''ll get sick from sleep deprivation even though the baby almost sleeps through the night now.My husband is a bear if he doesn't get sleep.

Quoting myperfect4inok:

Awww I'm sorry.

My husband works 16+ hour days he would still come home and help me. Even if it meant me going to bed when he got home and him putting the kids to bed.

Grammy here never thought I was a bad mom. She took the kids especially when they were babies because she didn't want them getting sick too.

I'm sorry you don't have much help.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting myperfect4inok:

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM
I have been there. Listen, don't get frustrated. Step outside every hour for five minutes and breathe, breathe slowly in filling your lungs and then blow it away as hard as you can. Try to sleep when baby sleeps and do minimal work, just the basics. Sometimes a warm bath for baby and a hot shower for mommy is just what it takes to snooze good at night. If you can, get some vitamin c and take the maximum dose, hot lemon water with honey will help as well. When all else fails shove you head into a pillow and scream:).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)