Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The lorax offended me

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
In the opening music scene, they sang a verse that says " we thank The Lord for all we've got". I'm not Christian so I turned the movie off immediately. I don't want that crap crammed down my children's throats. Why can't they just leave that out of it???
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Replies (21-30):
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Great, now I have How Bad Can I Be stuck in my head.

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM
But "lord" can be symbolic for whatever you want it to be.

When I hear things like that or participate in prayer with people of other religions I just substitute their word for mine in my mind
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean I'm all for each religion having their owned themed movie, but they should warn you

How would they do that?  "Just so you know, there's a song at the beginning that mentions 'Lord'.  Watchers beware!!"  It's not like there's a religious rating on movies.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM
How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin what comes naturally! Lol

Quoting randi1978:

Great, now I have How Bad Can I Be stuck in my head.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
do11face
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I don't recall hearing that. We love that movie and we aren't religious. Even if it was said its not a religious based movie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM
There should be! Just like parental ratings!

Quoting jillbailey26:

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean I'm all for each religion having their owned themed movie, but they should warn you

How would they do that?  "Just so you know, there's a song at the beginning that mentions 'Lord'.  Watchers beware!!"  It's not like there's a religious rating on movies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Because God is good!
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM
I'm guessing you won't let your kids watch home alone because there are a few scenes in a church
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Summerlion1123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

lol Oh geez...

I'm not Christian, I'm not religious in anyway. I don't know if I even believe in God. But I still think it is REALLY stupid to get offended over something like that, and to refuse to watch a movie over it. Oh well, your loss though. It must be exhausting for you to be so easily worried about things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

We're Pagan and yes i did catch that line but big deal. Exposing your children to others beliefs  just teaches them that everyone is different not wrong but different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN