Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

White privilege -- if you are white are you aware it exists? If you are not white are you aware it exits?

Are you aware of the reality which has been labeled 'white privilege'?

(it takes 2 seconds to find out what 'white privilege' is (google is our friend) ---- it takes a lot longer to accept it exists --- whether an indiviual accepts it or not does not change the fact it DOES exist).

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Replies (481-481):
one_on_the_way
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Quoting genejohn:

My family and I just moved to Daytona Beach from virginia.  we have bought two beautiful homes in only 8 years.  My wife is an nurse and I own my own online business.  I have the white priveledge but I am not white.  I am a 42 year old black man married to a white woman.  We have decided to take 6 months off of work and enjoy our lives.  today we just closed on our dream home.  We have two highly educated kids who are both in the gifted programs in their schools.  We drive nice cars,and live like we are rich.  alot of my black family members back in Virginia live far beneath us because we have always worked very hard and made good investments.  People compalin about the economy but we do not see what could be posibly wrong with the economy.  If you work hard and make the right choices in life your economy should be very good in a country like America,so yep I guess you can say we know all about the white priv.  We even have bed sheets made out of the confederate flag. 

Gene John

What, to you, is "white privilege"?  You say "I have white privilege" --- so, in your own words, what is that? 

(I will choose to ignore the fact that yours is a reply from a MAN in a MOTHER'S forum....in fact, never mind that -- I'd be happy to know a man's perspective on this)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN