Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lupus and marijuana

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Anyone with lupus smoke it to help with pain, nausea and loss of appetite?
I can't take a lot of the medication due to another health issue. And I'm in constant pain. I've lost 11 lbs this month due to issues with my stomach.Anyone know anything about lupus and marijuana?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
beethann
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I know nothing about Lupus and Marijuana. But I do smoke it for migraines and it helps my pain a lot. I have tried every other OTC pain medication there is and NOTHING makes the pain go away or even help it. So Mary Jane is my BFF during that time.

atyou
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Um..I love weed.

But don't know a thing about lupus.

So here's a bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I have lupus and/or fibromyaglia, seems the dr's can't say exactly. I also have arthritis. I can't take alot of the prescription meds. People with lupus and fibro tend to have a low tolerance for medicines. Pot does relieve the pain, and help with the appitite lose. I'd say that once the government decides to make it legal and they take over the industry they will then prescribe it for this types of auto immune illnesses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I have lupus and/or fibromyaglia, seems the dr's can't say exactly. I also have arthritis. I can't take alot of the prescription meds. People with lupus and fibro tend to have a low tolerance for medicines. Pot does relieve the pain, and help with the appitite lose. I'd say that once the government decides to make it legal and they take over the industry they will then prescribe it for this types of auto immune illnesses.

I too have Lupus and Fibro. i no longer take medications due to my low tolerance for medications so i find that smoking helps me at least get around the house and function a little better.

PolkaDots3220
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I have lupus but I have never smoked. I do yoga to help my pain and it keeps me flexible. I can't take any medications either because I am allergic to them. Go figure :/. I don't have any nausea though but I think most everyone's lupus is a little different. I would hate for you to have to do something illegal but I do hope you find something that helps. I know how painful it is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN