Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He loves me...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

why we are not married

we already share financial responsibility. with bills, rent, things for us and our child. 

We dont need to spend money to show how much we love each other. we know we do, others know we do... we didnt/dont need to stand infront of people to do so.

no matter what your relationship status is doesnt mean you love your SO any more. or any less. then someone in a different relationship status *not saying you ALL think that*

becasue he/both won't put a ring on it, doesnt mean he doesnt love you. if he is being faithful and committed thats what matters.  being commited doesnt just mean, putting a ring on itor signing a paper. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I used to think the same thing and swore I would never get married and didn't see the point.  Then I got married and I can tell you it is different.  It was always in the back of my mind that if things didn't work out, I could leave.  Most in society see it differently as well and as the "not married" one in my group of friends, I wasn't really included in couples activities.

If you take marriage seriously like I do, being married changes everything.  If I was only dating my husband and not married to him, I wouldn't still be with him.  And that probably sounds like a bad thing, but in reality what I mean by it is that we've had rough times, stuck it out, and come out stronger.  If we'd just been dating, I would have walked during the tough times.  Maybe I'd be better off, maybe worse, but I wouldn't be here and I'm glad that I am still here and with him at this point.

MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM
You don't need to spend a lot of money to be married. To me it's the ultimate commitment. Right now, if he wanted to, he could just walk away. If you two were married, then it's a long drawn out process. My religious beliefs aside, i think marriage is the ultimate "proof" of commitment. Otherwise "why buy the cow when you get the milk for free." Just my opinion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:40 PM

married or not we are sicking together. it would take infidelity or abuse for me to leave him the same.

Amybelle
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:40 PM

what did the poor horse ever do to you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM

we are common law with a child so it would be similar drawn out process 

Quoting MommySwiggles:

You don't need to spend a lot of money to be married. To me it's the ultimate commitment. Right now, if he wanted to, he could just walk away. If you two were married, then it's a long drawn out process. My religious beliefs aside, i think marriage is the ultimate "proof" of commitment. Otherwise "why buy the cow when you get the milk for free." Just my opinion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:48 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)