Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does it really matter ?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

Im wanting to buy myself a ring for christmas, or well hint to dh which one i want. ;) but im wondering, does it matter if it's not a clear diamon or cz? but instead a pink or blue one ? 

i dont care if its fake . i mean we can't by any means buy a real diamond and that bothers me not! i could care less! but im just wanting a lil bling :) or maybe some color! :) that's why im wondering if a blue (light blue) or pink (light pink) cz would look good? 

I can post links if ppl would like to know what im looking at! : )))) 

Im Erica .. Married to Adam .. (Sept. 2011) . Mommy to Ian (April 2012) . Im a Breastfeeding, CD'ing, Babywearing, Circin and Vacin, Apostolic Kinda Momma

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Get whatever makes you happy!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:27 PM

For what?  As a wedding ring?  or just something that looks pretty?

IansMommy2012
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM

wedding ring . we got married last year. we just celebrated our 1 yr. but we couldnt afford anything . he got me one from avon but it turned my finger green. and then i smashed my hand in a washer lid. :/ so that one went out the window. lol . but yes it would be to wear with my wedding band 

Quoting Anonymous:

Im Erica .. Married to Adam .. (Sept. 2011) . Mommy to Ian (April 2012) . Im a Breastfeeding, CD'ing, Babywearing, Circin and Vacin, Apostolic Kinda Momma

IansMommy2012
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I mean yea. but like i dont want ppl to see it and be like wtf is that?! lol

Quoting klespeedy0205:

Get whatever makes you happy!!

FL2AK
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Get what you like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
scperdomo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Of course it doesnt have to be a diamond! I've seen everything from rubies to emeralds in an engagement ring. Go with whatever makes you happy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OregonMom80
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Get whatever you want.  I wear a diamond ring with colored side stones on my ring finger and people still ask me if it is a mother's ring or something.  It really doesn't bother me to correct them that it's just a unique engagement/wedding band.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

wedding ring . we got married last year. we just celebrated our 1 yr. but we couldnt afford anything . he got me one from avon but it turned my finger green. and then i smashed my hand in a washer lid. :/ so that one went out the window. lol . but yes it would be to wear with my wedding band 

Quoting Anonymous:

IansMommy2012
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I would do a mothers ring, but lo's stone is diamond. ;) so that really wouldnt be much different. haha

Quoting OregonMom80:

Get whatever you want.  I wear a diamond ring with colored side stones on my ring finger and people still ask me if it is a mother's ring or something.  It really doesn't bother me to correct them that it's just a unique engagement/wedding band.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

IansMommy2012
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM

i was just wondering, cause everyone in my family and dh's family has diamonds. personally my mother loves her diamonds . but me . when i was younger i prefered them , but now . idunno .i mean we can't afford them, so why fuss over them? 

Quoting scperdomo:

Of course it doesnt have to be a diamond! I've seen everything from rubies to emeralds in an engagement ring. Go with whatever makes you happy!

scperdomo
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
The funny thing is, a CZ is actually a more pure and clearer rock than a diamond, but because they are more easily obtained they are cheaper and not as "exclusive". I would have been perfectly happy with a CZ ring or something more fitting of my personality (amethyst instead of diamonds) but DH picked my ring all by himself, I had no idea, he completely surprised me. Of course I love my ring, but if we had looked together or I had some say, it would probably be a lot less traditional.

Quoting IansMommy2012:

i was just wondering, cause everyone in my family and dh's family has diamonds. personally my mother loves her diamonds . but me . when i was younger i prefered them , but now . idunno .i mean we can't afford them, so why fuss over them? 

Quoting scperdomo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)