Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

concerned for my dd....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

she is 2 1/2. besides her not being potty trained , shes also behind in some other things. she doesnt talk like shes supposed to. she will kinda just use her throat to mumble most things, without moving her mouth. *she CAN talk...shes just not doing it like she should be at this age*. she cant dress herself. shes very loving, thinks shes a dog most of the time. she knows body parts, but not colors, numbers or abcs. im probably just being paranoid, but my older two at this age were walking talking potty trained machines..lol i feel like a failure.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Miller11
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

if you are concerned, talk to her pedi

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM
If you are concerned speak to her pediatrician about having an assessment done. Seems pretty normal to me. My DD didn't potty train or help dress herself until after 3 and if she can talk but just refuses to MAKE her ask for what she wants.
fairyjester
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM

exactly

Quoting Mrs.Miller11:

if you are concerned, talk to her pedi

"oh look they ate a baby,  how rude"---  Monroe

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:45 PM

At 2 1/2 I wouldn't worry too much abt potty training..However if you are concerned abt her development talk to her Dr abt getting her evaluated

Polemomma2010
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:45 PM

My daughter was 3 when she was potty trained.  Nothing wrong with that. I would try online teaching games like noggin.com, nickjr.com, pbskids.org or the disneychannel.com  They have great preschool programs and most of them are free.  If you are worried, have her checked out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM

oh we do. shes even made to say please and thank you. yes ma'am, ect. but she will just....get frustrated and not move her mouth...

Quoting Anonymous:

If you are concerned speak to her pediatrician about having an assessment done. Seems pretty normal to me. My DD didn't potty train or help dress herself until after 3 and if she can talk but just refuses to MAKE her ask for what she wants.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Every single thing you listed except the mumbling thing is how my 2.5 year old daughter is, too.

brittany208
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM

If shes behind, I don't think its by much. I'm sure you could google a developmental checklist of what kids should be going at each age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Then its just a stage she's going through. My DD is a drama llama and refuses to speak on occasion, she just stops and whines to get her way.

Quoting Anonymous:

oh we do. shes even made to say please and thank you. yes ma'am, ect. but she will just....get frustrated and not move her mouth...

Quoting Anonymous:

GatorsWife4Life
by Christina on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd wasn't potty trained till she was almost 3. I have no clue why but she just didn't want to do it and when I stopped pushing she started doing it on her own. My ds potty trained right when he started walking and handed over his bottle like he was ready to grow up and get it over with. lol All kids do things at different ages, don't beat yourself up because your dd isn't following the "norm". If you are that worried then have a talk with her doctor about it. Good luck momma.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN