Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those against weed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Where do you stand on taking pain killers while caring for a child? Say, a woman has been in a serious car accident and is in excrutiating pain and prescribed oxycontin. Does she need to find someone to watch her kids for her if she'll be taking drugs?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Puff puff pass! I've taken oxy too. Neither make me unable to care for my child.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm pro weed. Puff puff pass!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:27 PM
I take vicodin some days because my pain is so bad I can't function. My dose is lower. Enough to lower my pain levels so I can function but I'm not stoned.

Imo if it is prescribed and taken at a dosage that isn't completely altering then yes its acceptable. You are under the care of a physican while taking it. Marijuana you aren't.
GatorsWife4Life
by Christina on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I don't smoke pot (only cause I don't have any! lol) but I do take pain killers and muscle relaxers during the day and I am able to function just fine. If you don't need them though they will make you high and you shouldn't be trying to care for a child of any age. :(

gemikris82
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:27 PM

they all make me sleepy.....once upon a time i took them fo fun just to get sleepy

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

yea, i think so, oxytocin would not put her in the safest frame of mind to watch children.  I have no idea what that has to do with not liking weed though??

not liking it. Being against it. I'm always blown away by the amount of people who think it's perfectly acceptable to care for children under the influence of hardcore painkillers, yet critisize a woman who smokes weed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Are you so dumb that you can't figure out the answers you'll get to this?

alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:29 PM
I don't take pain meds unless my husband is here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:29 PM

It really depends on the person, some people can take pain pills and function normally, other people act all loopy and sleepy. Generally, if the person has been on them long term they can function on them. But if they have just recently been put on them they may not be able to handle it as well.

typingMom to 6~MawMaw to 9 & counting!

jbirdsladie27
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:29 PM
I smoke weed. I think ANYONE doped up on Oxycontin (or ANY pain meds) needs to have help with their kids, shit even Percs F'd me up and I was HAPPY to have my SILS here for the first couple weeks after our accifent to help & my sons are grown......
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed.

But I am not against weed.  I dont smoke it but Im all for it, just not while you're caring for a child.

Quoting r_luvli:

If they inhibit her ability to properly care for her kids, then absolutely yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured