Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those against weed.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Where do you stand on taking pain killers while caring for a child? Say, a woman has been in a serious car accident and is in excrutiating pain and prescribed oxycontin. Does she need to find someone to watch her kids for her if she'll be taking drugs?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Replies (121-124):
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Never heard that with weed. Even my anecdotal evidence is different than that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Everydrug effect is based on tolerance. If you rarely smoke weed and you do, everything is waaaaaay funnier than if you were to smoke it every day period....

Quoting sugarcrisp:

Things aren't funny based on tolerance. It's funny because that's part of what weed does to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

well lets say she has no tolerance too it maybe just maybe. but if I.were to spark up a.blunt with no tolerance Id sure as hell need some one to watch my kids lol. they would wonder why the hell spongebob is so funny to mom now!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I have no idea.  I've watched my kids on Codeine and Percocet for back pain and I did just fine.  I didn't get high or anything, just felt a little sleepy. 

Blessedlife79
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I had 4 surgeries done on my stomach back in October...less than 8 hrs after being home my husband had to go back to work (he had already taken almost a week off). The drugs made me all loopy and I didn't have anyone to help me. So I did without them and sucked it up so I could take care of my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)