Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTF just happened?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My husband just left and I don't know when or if he's coming home. We were going to go shopping after dinner but then I changed my mind. The stuff I wanted to get we're not necessities so I decided I didn't want to spend that money. Well he got pissed off bc "he was really looking forward to going" we'll I had just put our oldest to bed and was sitting in our youngest daughters room giving her a bottle and he came in to talk. Now, a couple months ago I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety but I only went to three sessions after the diagnosis and haven't been back but I never really saw a need for it. But supposedly my mood changed drastically and very quickly so that in return caused my husband to say "you better figure out what the hell your problem is. And not for the sake of me or yourself, but for the sake of this family bc I don't know how much more I can take". I had to lay my youngest down bc I just started balling my eyes out bc truth is, I have no idea what the problem is. Just when I went to turn around to face him to talk he said "I'm going to the store and staying out tonight. I'll see you when my shift is over tomorrow." WTF.
And he went flying out of or development like a bat out of hell.

I'm so lost as what to do. UGH.. But ok... I just needed to get that out
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Sounds like he is the one who has issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:36 PM

He's using your weakness as a weapon. He knows that you have a mental illness and is exploiting that, using it to get out of taking any blame for your failing marriage. It's a pretty fucked up thing to do. You didn't want to go shopping, this means that he didn't get his way and in turn he had a "mantrum". He's trying to make you think that any time you don't give him what he wants that it's your depression causing that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM
I never would've thought about it like that. Well he did show back up. Should I say something to him? And if so what should i say or start with?

Quoting Anonymous:

He's using your weakness as a weapon. He knows that you have a mental illness and is exploiting that, using it to get out of taking any blame for your failing marriage. It's a pretty fucked up thing to do. You didn't want to go shopping, this means that he didn't get his way and in turn he had a "mantrum". He's trying to make you think that any time you don't give him what he wants that it's your depression causing that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:54 PM

It's something you need to sit down and CALMLY talk to him about. Ask him why he's unhappy and ask him why he is choosing to blame your depression for you not wanting to go shopping. Let him know that depression doesn't rule your life, not wanting to do something that he does doesn't automatically mean that it's your mental illness out to get him or whatever. You could try to tell him how you feel and ask that he not exploit your weaknesses.

Quoting Anonymous:

I never would've thought about it like that. Well he did show back up. Should I say something to him? And if so what should i say or start with?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN