Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There is no excuse for not having anything for your kid

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM
  • 139 Replies
14 moms liked this
There is almost no excuse tio not have at least one thing for your kids on christmas. There are yardsales, free cycle, craigs list, salvation army, hand me downs, toys for tots, giving trees, dollar stores... One lady made a post about using cvs reward points tio get free toys
There are baked goods for stockings that you can make yourself. You can make your own gifts. There are recipes for play ddough and what not. There was a lady on here that made her kids a play kitchen out of cardboard boxes and some paint.
Christmas comes once a year. There is also the option of buying small things here and there year round for christmas. So there ya go... Here are some options your this year and next. Please don't be rude and get this deleted, sone people seem to need this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:47 PM
20 moms liked this

Too bad christmas isnt about presents and shit

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Bump, my kid always has plenty of gifts.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha... dont be rude? Right.
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:48 PM
10 moms liked this

Do you know how many people lost everything in Sandy? Jobs, homes, kitchens to bake the goodies you mention... everything. It's far too late to sign up for gift help and the areas affected are more concerned about providing people with the basics than they are about providing gifts.

Yes, there are some very valid "excuses".

ETA: I'm not talking about me. In the post I made a while back wanting to help a family for the holidays, I got several PMs from Moms who had been affected by Sandy. A friend of mine who lives close to the affected areas is helping to take very BASIC food and supplies to people who have lost EVERYTHING. Those children will likely wake up with nothing, through no fault of their parents.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosey, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that my "place" is in the home caring for my husband and children. My husband is head of our home and I *love* my life! (just getting the controversial stuff out of the way!)             Aimee

kngarber
by Katie on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM
8 moms liked this
My kids always have something, but its not mandatory to celebrate Christmas. But regardless, no need to make people feel like shit who are struggling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSamMerlotte
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM
This is true, bit there are tons of sob stories about not having gifts for their kids and I guess they don't know that they have options

Quoting Anonymous:

Too bad christmas isnt about presents and shit

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vwd_johnson
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM
I agree! Like really.. you can't go to dollar tree and spend $5 and buy 5 toys/coloring books/crayons/puzzles/snacks whatever!

You could probably walk around your neighborhood and find $5 in change on the ground.

We don't get our kids much, theyre still young anyway, but we always get them SOMETHING.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Couldn't agree more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Quoting AutymsMommy:

Do you know how many people lost everything in Sandy? Jobs, homes, kitchens to bake the goodies you mention... everything. It's far too late to sign up for gift help and the areas affected are more concerned about providing people with the basics than they are about providing gifts.

Yes, there are some very valid "excuses".

Ohhh puhleeze there is no excuse ma'am... only on Cafemom.

*sarcasm*

Btw I agree with you as usual. Its nobodys place to say whats a valid excuse or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:53 PM
7 moms liked this

There's no excuse for putting so much pressure on parents to provide gifts to their kids at christmas time. It's just objects. YOu can have loving family time if you want to give something to your kids. Play with them. Or something!!! Why is there so much emphasis on presents right now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured