Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This bothers me .....family drama (edit for one of the big questions)#2 edit added

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

My sister had her baby almost a month ago, and because she is pissed at my DH, she will not send me a photo. I live several states away and could not be there. I was the last to find out, about a week ago. I just sent her several photos of my children today. What the heck? Then later on today, my mother says she cant send any either because my sister said so. They keep playing games with me, mentioning they might try but they don't know how to send from their phone. This is just bothering me. I wish I wouldn't let it get to me, but seriously its stupid and it hurts. Would almost rather not talk to them than play their games. Any advice?

PS: It ruins my day when they call and play head games with me. Wish I didnt know at all than be bothered by the games :(

EDIT-for the ones who didnt see yet. My sister split up with the baby's father and was keeping the due date a secret.Also where she was living ect. Basically trying to keep the father away, no good reason just her selfishness. My DH is friends with the baby's father and told him when the due date was (due date was the only thing he told)and ever since they wont tell me anything. He felt he father should know, The father will be a great parent, not a bad person. My sister is 18 btw and just playing head games with the dad just like she is with me. Its stupid. So my sister is mad at my DH for spilling her secret.

The reason she didnt not want the exboyfriend (baby's daddy) to know was because he cheated on her and THIS WAS MY SISTER'S REVENGE TO HIM.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kngarber
by Katie on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Why is she mad at your DH?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM
That is very childish of your SIL to even demand her mom not send a picture. She sounds very immature.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RMB2011
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Just ignore them then. Cut them out. And they'll either grow up or you'll be better off without them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Silent treatment works wonders!!! Just saying
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell them to get in touch with you when they grow up.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM

=(

schatzi869
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM
You know what? It's their loss. Live your life and if they don't want to be a part of it then okay.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Because she is mad at your husband she won't send YOU a picture??? What could he possibly have done to get you cut off from YOUR family like that? I could kind of understand if it was in-laws, but, your own family?  If they want to act like that, do like I did and stop calling and messaging them. I was always the one calling and keeping in touch and I got tired of chasing them down. Now, it's their loss and much less stress for me.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Quoting kngarber:

Why is she mad at your DH?

My DH is friends with the baby Daddy and my sister has split from him. My DH told the baby daddy the baby was due soon about a month ago and my sister has kept it a secret. Didnt want the baby Daddy to know.

mybabytristan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
i would send them both mom and sister a text or email sying how you feel and sharing in the joy of their baby isnt something to use as ransom and when they are done playing games with your love for the family they should contact you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured