Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homemade Stocking Stuffers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

Christmas cna be a stressful time for families who don't have extra money.

Here are some ideas you can use for making treats and goodies for stockings. These are perfect for FS parents (No judging- just saying, you can but extras with your FS and make treats from it).

Homemade Peeps - cut a marshmallow in half, brush it with water, and dip it in sprinkles. You can put these on popsicle sticks- 2-3 per stick, wrapped in saran wrap to keep fresh.

Muddy Buddies - Chex cereal, a bag of chocolate chips, scoop of peanut butter, and powdered sugar. Melt the PB & Chocolate together, stir in the chex cereal, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Chocolate Covered Pretzals - Dip large rod pretzals in chocolate, then sprinkle with various sprinkles.

Peppermint Bark - Chocolate Chips, White Chocolate Chips, Crushed Peppermint candy canes, and a touch of Peppermint Flavor Oil (optional). Melt the chocolate, and pour it into a pan on top of wax paper. Melt the white chocolate, and mix in the peppermint oil and 2/3rds of the crushed candy cane, then smooth it over top of the hardened chocolate. Sprinkle the remaining candy cane on top. Once it's dry, lift it out and break it apart.

***Bark bars can be made with just about any type of candy your child likes, as long as they don't mind it being stuck in chocolate. Just omit the peppermint oil. Pretzal bark works great. Raisins, oreo cookies, Graham crackers with mini marshmallows also make great choices.

Christmas Crack - Saltine Crackers, Dark Brown Sugar, Butter. Melt Butter & Sugar together, then pour over top of saltine crackers lined up on a cookie sheet. Once they are saturated, sprinkle the top with chocolate chips. It will melt the chips. Once dry and hard, break it apart.

Hot Cocoa Peppermint Marshmallows - Skewer 2-3 large marshmallows on a stick. Dip in melted chocolate. Sprinkle with crushed candy cane. Perfect for dipping in hot cocoa and stirring.

Cereal Treats (Rice Krispie Treats) can be made with any cereal. Mix cereal with melted marshmallow/butter, and put in a pan. Cut and wrap.

Thin Mints - Ritz crackers, chocolate w/peppermint oil, and crushed candy canes. Melt the chocolate, cover the cracker, then sprinkle with crushed candy cane.

Popcorn Balls - Popcorn, marshmallow, butter, powdered sugar, and light corn syrup. You can add in things like M & M's to the balls to decorate them, and add more flavor.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Those are neat I like the cocoa idea. I don't put food in stockings though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Awesome ideas! Thanks for sharing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
secondboy2012
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Oh i think i want to make the marshmallow one. My son would enjoy that. Thank you.
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:52 PM
2 moms liked this

i cannot be the only one who LOL'd at "Christmas Crack"

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

rofl- so named because once you try it, you can't get enough. ;)

Quoting harpsichord:

i cannot be the only one who LOL'd at "Christmas Crack"

Mweddle
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

There are a lot of cute things you can make on pinterest too! 

lanismommy2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Just want to bump so I can find this later. Thank you. I am making my daughter and niece Christmas Eve boxes with pajamas a Christmas movie and snacks and can defiantly use this!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Every child deserves something for Christmas, even if it's only a few homemade goodies.

wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:59 PM
:( All those have chocolate and/or marshmallows, both of which are gross.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:02 PM

So post your favorite easy recipes that don't include them, rather than just posting that it's gross.

Quoting wickedfiress:

:( All those have chocolate and/or marshmallows, both of which are gross.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)