Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I would never place a child up for adoption - Edited for explanation as to why

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 204 Replies
2 moms liked this

The contents of my uterus are just that, in my uterus and therefore mine.

I have had two abortions. I could never have placed a child up for adoption, and in one instance, I did not want to be pregnant. Therefore, I took care of it.

For me it's just too hard, wondering always wondering, where your child is. I knew as soon as I gave birth, I would resind the offer, to give my child away. And I knew I would change my mind right away. I would break some couple's heart. And ruin my kid's life all at the same time. Abortion was a much better option for me.

And open adoption would have sent me into a suicidal depression. Seeing pictures would have even been worse, so adoption was a no go for me.

When a woman says I cannot have kids, I get that and I am sorry. But it isn't MY fault. I did NOT make you barren. You don't own my uterus, nor can you rent it like you do an apartment or car.

I do think adoption can be a beautiful thing, but it's not for me. I could NEVER go through 9 months of pregnancy and hand a child to someone else. And at the times of my abortions, I could not properly care for a child. No way would I have had a child homeless, but I could never give it away to someone else either.

The first abortion I was young and stupid. We were using condoms and used them everytime, but I guess one broke.

The second time, I was financially stable and engaged. We were trying and had some money saved for a crib and clothing and toys, etc. I found out I was pregnant and we were both excited. Happy. Two weeks later he was hit head on by a drunk driver and killed. He was making a lot more money and without his income I lost the apartment, had no where to go, and the money we saved for the other stuff barely paid for the abortion.

I now have three kids and a wonderful husband so yes I did go on to have children.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:21 PM

BUMP!!!

CodenameDuchess
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:22 PM
I feel the same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I feel the same way.

lovehimforever
by Gold Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM
9 moms liked this

good for you . to each there own. I for 1 however have placed a child for adoption and i would much rather do that then have an abortion. 

Josie_P
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I understand how you feel. But I would not have my son if every women felt the same as you. But I do completely understand what you are saying, although my son's incubator just dropped him off at the orphanage and disappeared. Ah well, he's much better here =D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
As a surrogate, I must be satan to you then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Nobody gives a fuck. Give yourself as many abortion pats on the back as you want.
Pita369
by Bronze Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM
10 moms liked this
Well that's your choice... I gave up my son because I knew I couldn't do it alone and I do not see abortion as a form of birth control. I gave him life and his parents gave him the life I couldn't provide for him. All I can do is hope that one day i will see him again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM
18 moms liked this
So you would be sad to give your child away but killing it is no biggie. I've never understood that one.
Teacher101
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

This is tough... see I could never have an abortion, but I also don't think I could follow through with adoption. I suppose my only option would have been to lean hard on my family or raise the kid in poverty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN