Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i help my girls say goodbye to their 13year old friend?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:36 AM
  • 17 Replies

my daughters 15,13 and12 have to go say their final goodbye to their friend and neighbor tomorrow.  she is going to be taken off life support.  how can i help them-especially my middle, who was a classmate-deal with this??? there are all kind of emotions they have not had to deal with before.  i am having trouble with the intense emotions. she was a beautiful 13year old 8thgrader who tried to hang herself.  how do i answer when they ask why????

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_2_be_2010
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:38 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XJetX
by Resident Heathen on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:38 AM
That's a hard one, and I'm sorry for her family and for yours :( do they know what she tried to do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Bump..I'm sorry:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:39 AM
Bump
devastatedhurt
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:42 AM
3 moms liked this
Tell her some kids hold everything inside becuz they don't think anyone will understand. So they think this its an escape, but it is not an escape you can come back from. And then tell them they can tell you anything, whenever they need to. And you will love them the same always. This its what my parents told me after a suicide in our family
mollyk124
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this
They should see a counselor. This is such a sad, painful experience for anyone, let alone young girls. Maybe, down the road, they can get involved with a suicide prevention charity to try to help other kids like their friend before its too late. Maybe that will help heal your girls. I think it's okay for you and your girls to just cry it out for a couple days.
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I'm sorry for ya'lls loss :( At their ages, I'd tell the truth. If she killed herself over bullying, I'd tell them that. No sense in hiding that from them because it's a lesson everyone needs to learn about. If she killed herself over something harder to talk about (being sexually abused or something), then take the time to figure out what you're going to say and answer their questions as best you can. I'm sad for everyone involved in this :*(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Unfortunately this is a moment where the hurt can't be taken away. Loads of hugs and allowing her to talk it out is your best bet. Crawl into bed and hold your baby. To help with the healing process she could create a cause (I.e. Coats from (friend), etc ) or perhaps a book of memories from the friends for her mother to be presented after 6 months or so. I am so very sorry for everything!! Hugs!
babie113
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:48 AM

professional counselling grief therapy for youths

babie113
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 2:49 AM

when i was 12 my best friend who was 12 was murdered .you never get over it but there are things that can help

i lost another best friend in july who was 27 and commited suicide .im still really messed up over it .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured