Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my kid doesnt have a bedtime

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:20 AM
  • 48 Replies

basically i work nights and my husband works rotating shift (3 day on days, 3 days off, then 3 days nights) so my confession is we have a 2 yr son who goes to bed when he feels like it usually around one or two in the morning.... we kinda like it because he wakes up later and lets us sleep more. if my husband or i go to bed before he does we put a movie in for him set up the couch like a bed and tell him to wake us up if he needs anything or he wants us to change his movie. usually he plays quietly or just lays and watches till either he falls asleep or put himself to bed. i know this will have to change when he starts school but it works for now. i know its a bit unconventional but do any of you do the same?

ps to those of you who are already freaking out 90% of the time one us is awake with him like i said we do work nights a lot so we stay up late... like now its 530 and i havent been to bed yet. i kinda just let him decied when he is tired, and where he wants to sleep.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Quote:

if my husband or i go to bed before he does we put a movie in for him set up the couch like a bed and tell him to wake us up if he needs anything or he wants us to change his movie. usually he plays quietly or just lays and watches till either he falls asleep or put himself to bed

parenting FAIL... it's YOUR job to watch him...it's not his job to watch himself...he's TWO????!!!!!
flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM
You two year old. LEFT UNATTENDED? While you sleep? Ayfkm. *face palm*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pregomom468
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:27 AM

you have never let you kid fall asleep to the tv in their room? i can see him from our bedroom

Quoting Anonymous:

Quote:

if my husband or i go to bed before he does we put a movie in for him set up the couch like a bed and tell him to wake us up if he needs anything or he wants us to change his movie. usually he plays quietly or just lays and watches till either he falls asleep or put himself to bed

parenting FAIL... it's YOUR job to watch him...it's not his job to watch himself...he's TWO????!!!!!

slvr115
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:29 AM
My sister used to leave her two year old watching tv while she went to bed. One night he got into the fridge, took every single thing out, an threw it all over her house, including her bedroom where she was sleeping. They never found all the eggs!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RoseBlossom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:29 AM

sometimes i put a movie in for my kids if im tired, but they are a little older(3,4,6) and they usually fall asleep (on the weekends) by 11:00. 

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:29 AM
3 moms liked this
There are multiple studies that associate poor sleep habitswith a slew of behavioral and medical problems.

I understand you have an odd work schedule but this is quite detrimental to your child's development.

He needs structure, especially at bed time. Even if he is only two. Please, for your child's sake, start a routine for himso he can get that sleep that is so vital!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:29 AM
You can see him while you're sleeping. Smh. I don't go to bed until my kids are asleep. And they're safely shut in their room. You can't say you know what he's doing when you're asleep, because you're SLEEPING!

Quoting pregomom468:

you have never let you kid fall asleep to the tv in their room? i can see him from our bedroom

Quoting Anonymous:

Quote:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:29 AM

my kids NEVER had a Tv in their room nor were they allowed to stay up in the living room to watch it after i or my dh went to bed.  

Quoting pregomom468:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quote:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:30 AM

NO! 2 years old are not in charge of asking a parent to parent them in my house.

RoseBlossom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:30 AM

my kids have tried to do this as well, i ended up putting a gate up

Quoting slvr115:

My sister used to leave her two year old watching tv while she went to bed. One night he got into the fridge, took every single thing out, an threw it all over her house, including her bedroom where she was sleeping. They never found all the eggs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured