Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know how SAHM do it

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:21 AM
  • 151 Replies
11 moms liked this
I'd go crazy!

I spent some time at home when I was laid off. It is a lifestyle that is very much not for me. I'm home for thanksgiving break this week so its been a mini-flashback of those months.

I just cleaned my house top to bottom. I just had to clean the bathroom sink again--it had food stuck to it from when my kids washed their hands after dinner. I have to vacuum every day. The toy mess . . . Don't even get me started on it. Lol

As of now we spend a couple hours home in the morning and a few hours at night. We're awake and home for about 5 hours out of each day (less for me on the evenings I work). It's so much easier to maintain a clean home when we're not here to mess it up.

Of course, there's more dishes from packing various lunch containers for everyone. There's more to bring in and out of the home. As it is now I leave with 3 backpacks, 3 lunch boxes, a bag of extra clothes for DS, and my purse, at the very least. Sometimes I come home with even more. I'm also much happier knowing that I'm providing for my family, stimulating my mind and brain. The time we spend together now has more quality since we all appreciate it more. Those reunion moments of giant hugs and kisses at the end of the day are fabulous.

Idk. Just tipping my hat off to you SAHM today. :) I know working moms get these posts sometimes and I figured I'd flip the coin and give you ladies a shout-out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:23 AM
I know right, it would make me crazy if I stayed home long term.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:23 AM
Oh wow you will build their ego s. Haha
RoseBlossom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:24 AM

why thank you! ive been on both sides and wish i could work right now, but im finishing up school full time and about to apply for nursing school...soo! 

epoh
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Everyone needs a boost sometimes!

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Oh wow you will build their ego s. Haha
epoh
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:25 AM
I hear nursing school is a bitch. Good luck!

Quoting RoseBlossom:

why thank you! ive been on both sides and wish i could work right now, but im finishing up school full time and about to apply for nursing school...soo! 

Surfermom86
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, Thank ya! I really dont know how I do it myself, I just pray when it gets rough! Kuddos to you too! When I was working, I was stressed!

RoseBlossom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:27 AM

thanks! im just glad that my SO is so supportive of me, or else I dont think I would be able to do it

Quoting epoh:

I hear nursing school is a bitch. Good luck!

Quoting RoseBlossom:

alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:29 AM
I've done both. Imo staying at home is harder. I've stayed home for a couple yrs now. Going to start working a few hrs a day here coming up. I'm excited to get out for 3hrs lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:31 AM
7 moms liked this
Nice insult disguised as a compliment..... you don't have to work 9-5 in order to "stimulate your mind and brain".

And you don't have to be gone everyday in order to appreciate quality time spent together.
mariesmama
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:32 AM

ive been home for 3 yrs, now nobody'll hire me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured