Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**ETA**SERIOUSLY!? SANTA? NOOOOOOOO!!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:44 AM
  • 61 Replies
My DD is 3. I have never told her stories or made a big deal about Santa or Christmas really. Just last week some random old couple at our local diner asked her if she was "ready for Santa?" With her momma all full of pride she said "who?" Loved it!

Now, my dilemma.....she watched the Christmas episode of Cat in the Hat 2 days ago....and now...SANTA IS COMING!!

Sigh.....cause while I wasn't pushing it myself I always said if she latched onto it in her own I'd let it be....but its such a big lie.....ugh!!

ETA: sorry, phone glitched! Relax ladies...I never told her Santa wasn't real nor do I intend to burst her little bubble now! I let her have her dreams....I just wasn't pushing it....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:47 AM
I love that my kids think Santa is real. Its just so much fun.
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:47 AM
3 moms liked this

Oh, cut it out.  You're not scarring her by letting her believe in a little magic.

Once she is old enough to let go of that, she'll be able to help create the magic for another.  It's a gesture you're teaching them about the holiday spirit.  That there is a "person" who is so generous with his heart that he gives to everyone.  It's a beautiful and kind thought, honestly.

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

jedwards2009
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Eh. Kids pick up all kinds of stuff. I've never done Santa but dd knows who he is. Not a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
We do Santa here. I loved it too much as a kid. Mine get the same magic of belief I got.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Agreed.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Oh, cut it out.  You're not scaring her by letting her believe in a little magic.

Once she is old enough to let go of that, she'll be able to help create the magic for another.  It's a gesture you're teaching them about the holiday spirit.  That there is a "person" who is so generous with his heart that he gives to everyone.  It's a beautiful and kind thought, honestly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:49 AM

I don't know. I love santa. we used to wake my brothers up with sleigh bells and tell them it was from santa's reindeer. imagination and fantasy are fun and you are only a kid once but it's your kid so do whatever you want with it.

slvr115
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
If you wanted her to never see anything about Santa, you should probably not let her watch tv...that guy is everywhere!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting angelachristine:

I don't know. I love santa. i think it's fun. we used to wake my brothers up with sleigh bells and tell them it was from santa's reindeer. imagination and fantasy are fun and you are only a kid once but it's your kid so do whatever you want with it.

I'm totally laughing at your siggy.  LOVE it!

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:50 AM
My DD is terrified of Santa, so I've never pushed it. I can't even have that fat bastard on the kitchen towels, she hides them in the cabinets. And we have to SPRINT away from Santa at the mall. No idea why. My strange girl :-)

She is 5. So we just have presents. It makes me a little sad, but I'm not going to force it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariesmama
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:50 AM

we do santa for our 3 yr old honestly that way we can blame him when she gets what she wants this yr --a furby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured