Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

REALLY WALMART!? *EDIT*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 114 Replies

My family and I live in a town down south that has a mix of Caucasian and African Americans. The majority of the people living here are African American. WELL, we went to walmart last night to get our tree decorations, stockings, etc. We went down the aisle that had the tree toppers so I could pick out an angel. The whole aisle had Angel, Santa, and a few other various toppers. There were at least 8-10 different African American Angels, with some African American Santas and Jesus as well. There was 1 Caucasian Angel topper and it was not what I was looking for, there weren't even any Caucasian Santas >:( I am SO mad at walmart right now. I don't care how many African American Angels, Santa's, etc. there are but PLEASE have a few that I can choose from as well!!! So to my question, do any of you ladies recommend anyone online to get decorations from? We live and a small town and if kmart doesn't have one were sol, since that is the only other store like that, that we have here. Thanks!!!

I think it is ridiculous that some people are acting like I am wrong for being upset. I just had someone call me a racist??? Really?! I am far from a racist. People are saying Oh well I'm sure African Americans have felt that way, etc. Ok, but THEY WOULD HAVE EVRY RIGHT TO BE AGGITADED AS WELL! I don't seem to be allowed though. My post was NOT made to be a mean racist post. I was sharing the experience I had at walmart last night and asking if anyone could recommend a good online store. I am so mad that I can't say ANYTHING anymore without being called racist. Jeeze. AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A RASICT POST SO GET OVER YOURSELVES. 

ALSO

I left walmart not ONLY because of there being no caucasian Tree Toppers. We had a buggy with various decorations. We weren't able to even find everything we needed and there was of course NO ONE working the lawn and garden section. We get up front to pay and buy a real tree, and we are told we can NOT buy a real tree up front, we HAVE to purchase it in the Lawn and Garden section, with a non existent cashier?! DH and I both at that point were mad, we didn't buy anything, we left our buggy and headed home. Is that a problem?? Some people seem to think so. Smh. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RissyLee
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Amazon?
I don't know. I would just google Christmas tree toppers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Maybe you can use a star, a bow or a santa hat?
Jean8282
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Lol that sucks, I would try amazon.com

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

No :( It's got to be an Angel. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Quoting Jean8282:

Lol that sucks, I would try amazon.com

I know, I was so mad. I left my buggy full of the other decorations sitting in walmart and we left. Dh said we would just get our stuff from somewhere else. I will check out Amazon, never shopped on amazon before. Do I need an account?

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:05 AM
White shoe polish? Lol jk. Good luck though

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:07 AM

LMAO, that may just work!

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

White shoe polish? Lol jk. Good luck though

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:07 AM

So you were so upset you just left?

Perfect.Pixie
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:07 AM
https://m.kohls.com/catalog/for-the-home-holiday-decor-holiday-home-decor-tree-skirts-and-toppers.jsp?CN=3000001250&N=3000001250&pfx=pfx_google_roi

Kohls

eta, there are codes to get 20% off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

at our walmart it is the other way around. i think it is a bit juvenile to get pissy and leave all your stuff because the decorations weren't of the race you wanted but whatever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)