Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

REALLY WALMART!? *EDIT*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My family and I live in a town down south that has a mix of Caucasian and African Americans. The majority of the people living here are African American. WELL, we went to walmart last night to get our tree decorations, stockings, etc. We went down the aisle that had the tree toppers so I could pick out an angel. The whole aisle had Angel, Santa, and a few other various toppers. There were at least 8-10 different African American Angels, with some African American Santas and Jesus as well. There was 1 Caucasian Angel topper and it was not what I was looking for, there weren't even any Caucasian Santas >:( I am SO mad at walmart right now. I don't care how many African American Angels, Santa's, etc. there are but PLEASE have a few that I can choose from as well!!! So to my question, do any of you ladies recommend anyone online to get decorations from? We live and a small town and if kmart doesn't have one were sol, since that is the only other store like that, that we have here. Thanks!!!

I think it is ridiculous that some people are acting like I am wrong for being upset. I just had someone call me a racist??? Really?! I am far from a racist. People are saying Oh well I'm sure African Americans have felt that way, etc. Ok, but THEY WOULD HAVE EVRY RIGHT TO BE AGGITADED AS WELL! I don't seem to be allowed though. My post was NOT made to be a mean racist post. I was sharing the experience I had at walmart last night and asking if anyone could recommend a good online store. I am so mad that I can't say ANYTHING anymore without being called racist. Jeeze. AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A RASICT POST SO GET OVER YOURSELVES. 

ALSO

I left walmart not ONLY because of there being no caucasian Tree Toppers. We had a buggy with various decorations. We weren't able to even find everything we needed and there was of course NO ONE working the lawn and garden section. We get up front to pay and buy a real tree, and we are told we can NOT buy a real tree up front, we HAVE to purchase it in the Lawn and Garden section, with a non existent cashier?! DH and I both at that point were mad, we didn't buy anything, we left our buggy and headed home. Is that a problem?? Some people seem to think so. Smh. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Replies (11-20):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I found my angel at walgreens. Try them :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Quoting scarletmeshell:

So you were so upset you just left?

Yep I sure did. I couldn't purchase a tree topper, there were NO tree skirts, NO one was back working in the garden department like they were supposed to be so we couldn't buy a tree. I was pissed, and we left. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Quoting brettsmomma:

I found my angel at walgreens. Try them :)

Oh really? Awesome, I will check them out today!!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:11 AM

That sucks, hopefully you can find what you're looking for.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM

lmao, they probably just sold out. its not that serious.

cara124
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:12 AM

no you don't need an account to shop on amazon.com ... if you have a home depot close they have some great decorations at comparable prices to walmart.... or Walgreens & CVS also sale decorations....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jean8282:

Lol that sucks, I would try amazon.com

I know, I was so mad. I left my buggy full of the other decorations sitting in walmart and we left. Dh said we would just get our stuff from somewhere else. I will check out Amazon, never shopped on amazon before. Do I need an account?

sexychica25
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM
I would love to know what Walmart that was, because its always the exact opposite in the store I visit. ~shrug~

Quoting scarletmeshell:

So you were so upset you just left?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Quoting angelachristine:

at our walmart it is the other way around. i think it is a bit juvenile to get pissy and leave all your stuff because the decorations weren't of the race you wanted but whatever.

Aww well sweety I am so happy you think that it was juvenile of me, however that isn't what I asked. ALSO, I didn't JUST leave because of the Christmas Deco. not being the right race, EVEN THOUGH I do find it shitty that they didn't have items for more then one race. 

seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Look at walmart.com
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Meh. I don't think it was. I'd be upset too. I mean it's one thing to just leave your cart and go... I highly doubt she threw a tantrum, kicking and screaming.

Quoting angelachristine:

at our walmart it is the other way around. i think it is a bit juvenile to get pissy and leave all your stuff because the decorations weren't of the race you wanted but whatever.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)