Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

REALLY WALMART!? *EDIT*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My family and I live in a town down south that has a mix of Caucasian and African Americans. The majority of the people living here are African American. WELL, we went to walmart last night to get our tree decorations, stockings, etc. We went down the aisle that had the tree toppers so I could pick out an angel. The whole aisle had Angel, Santa, and a few other various toppers. There were at least 8-10 different African American Angels, with some African American Santas and Jesus as well. There was 1 Caucasian Angel topper and it was not what I was looking for, there weren't even any Caucasian Santas >:( I am SO mad at walmart right now. I don't care how many African American Angels, Santa's, etc. there are but PLEASE have a few that I can choose from as well!!! So to my question, do any of you ladies recommend anyone online to get decorations from? We live and a small town and if kmart doesn't have one were sol, since that is the only other store like that, that we have here. Thanks!!!

I think it is ridiculous that some people are acting like I am wrong for being upset. I just had someone call me a racist??? Really?! I am far from a racist. People are saying Oh well I'm sure African Americans have felt that way, etc. Ok, but THEY WOULD HAVE EVRY RIGHT TO BE AGGITADED AS WELL! I don't seem to be allowed though. My post was NOT made to be a mean racist post. I was sharing the experience I had at walmart last night and asking if anyone could recommend a good online store. I am so mad that I can't say ANYTHING anymore without being called racist. Jeeze. AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A RASICT POST SO GET OVER YOURSELVES. 

ALSO

I left walmart not ONLY because of there being no caucasian Tree Toppers. We had a buggy with various decorations. We weren't able to even find everything we needed and there was of course NO ONE working the lawn and garden section. We get up front to pay and buy a real tree, and we are told we can NOT buy a real tree up front, we HAVE to purchase it in the Lawn and Garden section, with a non existent cashier?! DH and I both at that point were mad, we didn't buy anything, we left our buggy and headed home. Is that a problem?? Some people seem to think so. Smh. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Replies (21-30):
lowencope
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Ermmm we use a star.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:14 AM
LOL. Wow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:14 AM

All the stores I have ever been to before this walmart, have had items for both races. 

Quoting sexychica25:

I would love to know what Walmart that was, because its always the exact opposite in the store I visit. ~shrug~

Quoting scarletmeshell:

So you were so upset you just left?

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I got nothing useful.

auntietotty
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Ive never liked angels on trees..well on my tree anyway. So I never had that problem.  I have a snowman on top of mine.

sexychica25
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:16 AM
That maybe true, but lets be honest here. Which one do you find more of?

Quoting Anonymous:

All the stores I have ever been to before this walmart, have had items for both races. 

Quoting sexychica25:

I would love to know what Walmart that was, because its always the exact opposite in the store I visit. ~shrug~

Quoting scarletmeshell:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Quoting angelachristine:

at our walmart it is the other way around. i think it is a bit juvenile to get pissy and leave all your stuff because the decorations weren't of the race you wanted but whatever.

this. quit being a spoiled brat

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:17 AM
You can't just CHANGE Santa's race. Wtf are they thinking? Lmao.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Quoting notjstasocermom:

lmao, they probably just sold out. its not that serious.

No, there would be spots for the items and the spots would be empty... It is a big deal to me because I just moved to this tiny little town that does not have a crap load of stores to shop at. It's not like it was when I lived in the city and if I didn't find what I needed I can go a few minutes up the road to the other walmart. 

redhead-bedhead
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:18 AM
We have 2 on the same road that are 5 miles apart. The one that i south has more AA toys but the other one carries more white things.

Quoting sexychica25:

Quoting scarletmeshell:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)