Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

REALLY WALMART!? *EDIT*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My family and I live in a town down south that has a mix of Caucasian and African Americans. The majority of the people living here are African American. WELL, we went to walmart last night to get our tree decorations, stockings, etc. We went down the aisle that had the tree toppers so I could pick out an angel. The whole aisle had Angel, Santa, and a few other various toppers. There were at least 8-10 different African American Angels, with some African American Santas and Jesus as well. There was 1 Caucasian Angel topper and it was not what I was looking for, there weren't even any Caucasian Santas >:( I am SO mad at walmart right now. I don't care how many African American Angels, Santa's, etc. there are but PLEASE have a few that I can choose from as well!!! So to my question, do any of you ladies recommend anyone online to get decorations from? We live and a small town and if kmart doesn't have one were sol, since that is the only other store like that, that we have here. Thanks!!!

I think it is ridiculous that some people are acting like I am wrong for being upset. I just had someone call me a racist??? Really?! I am far from a racist. People are saying Oh well I'm sure African Americans have felt that way, etc. Ok, but THEY WOULD HAVE EVRY RIGHT TO BE AGGITADED AS WELL! I don't seem to be allowed though. My post was NOT made to be a mean racist post. I was sharing the experience I had at walmart last night and asking if anyone could recommend a good online store. I am so mad that I can't say ANYTHING anymore without being called racist. Jeeze. AGAIN, THIS IS NOT A RASICT POST SO GET OVER YOURSELVES. 

ALSO

I left walmart not ONLY because of there being no caucasian Tree Toppers. We had a buggy with various decorations. We weren't able to even find everything we needed and there was of course NO ONE working the lawn and garden section. We get up front to pay and buy a real tree, and we are told we can NOT buy a real tree up front, we HAVE to purchase it in the Lawn and Garden section, with a non existent cashier?! DH and I both at that point were mad, we didn't buy anything, we left our buggy and headed home. Is that a problem?? Some people seem to think so. Smh. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Replies (31-40):
Byrd15
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Yeah, at least make it even right? :/

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

You can't just CHANGE Santa's race. Wtf are they thinking? Lmao.

I don't care about that lol, (I'm hoping you were joking) , I just wish there were some other races so I could have a freakin Angel!!! 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Maybe they ran out of the white ornaments? I saw some black toppers and black Santa but there was a good mix between the black and white ones. I would try going to a different store.

sexychica25
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Its kinda like that in the city I live in. We have a "black Walmart" that you won't catch me in and the other 5 walmarts are you know. I just chimmed in because until you read the responses Op's post sounds a little one-sided until you get the real reason she left.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

We have 2 on the same road that are 5 miles apart. The one that i south has more AA toys but the other one carries more white things.

Quoting sexychica25:

I would love to know what Walmart that was, because its always the exact opposite in the store I visit. ~shrug~

Quoting scarletmeshell:

So you were so upset you just left?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iheartmiboys
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:23 AM

If I acted like this I would never be able to shop.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Quoting Byrd15:

Yeah, at least make it even right? :/

Right. I don't care how many Aferican American ones there were, I just wish they had a selection that I could have picked from also. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Quoting iheartmiboys:

If you acted like what exactly???

indyb
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Maybe this is a silly question but if having an angel on top of the tree is so important to you then why can't it be an African American one?

iheartmiboys
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM

You. I would have gathered the stuff I could and move to the next store. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting iheartmiboys:

If you acted like what exactly???

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I wonder if African American people have ever felt this way when walking though a store and seeing all the Caucasian things. 

Like when looking for a baby doll that looks like their dd, but all they find are blonde blue eyed ones.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)