Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How did you QUIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Smoking, I so want to quit. Any advice? Thanks

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Replies (21-28):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Thanks all for the advice

Luna091306
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I'm quitting for New Years. I'm going to start working out and drinking a lot of water too. I quit a few years ago for 7 months. Then I would drink Crystal Light constantly to flush the nicotine out of my system and for the oral part I used suckers and mint flavored toothpicks. Also brush your teeth a lot. I quit cold turkey. Aides can be helpful but they also delay the process. The first few days are the hardest and then it gets easier and easier.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:45 AM
That's not cold turkey. Cold turkey is without the help of anything.

Quoting mstricey:

My s/o quit cold turkey using the nicotine patch and chewing gum.

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I just quit cold turkey upon finding out I was pregnant. It wasn't difficult, just needed extra motivation.

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:50 AM
Yes,a mini.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is that an ego?

Quoting LoriLou75:

Like this.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
method209
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Laser therapy 

mamom01
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I've never been able to quit cold turkey without coming close to hurting someone.  Seriuosly.  The irritability for me is through the roof.  I'm using Nicorette lozenges now and the work pretty well.  The only problem is that I have basically traded one addiction for another - I'm not smoking, but I'm still getting a lot of nicotine from the lozenges. 

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM

when quitting anything for good, you have to WANT to quit.  if you do it because you think you should, then it won't stick permanently.  you have to want it.  my dad tried qutting for years and kept falling off the wagon.  one day he woke up and was actually tired of smoking and everything that had to do with smoking and then he just didn't anymore.  that was it for smoking and he never looked back.

every person who has quit smoking forever wanted to do it.  every other time they tried, they still enjoyed smoking but knew "they should because it wasn't good for them" always went back to it after a few months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)