Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Effin jackass

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM
  • 13 Replies

This is a vent. Please read, I am shaken and just upset about all this. (I promise I am not bitching about family drama and what not)

On Thanksgiving we had two places to go to. My Grandmother-in-law's house and my uncles house (where my mom and a lot of my side of family would be, I was pretty stoked considering we haven't done thanksgiving in years). Well, I'm up at 3 am getting the bread prepared, made some delicious raisin bread (homemade) to take to both dinners, everything seemed fine, nothing out of the ordinary. At around 9am I wake dh and the girls up. I get the girls ready and dh gets himself ready for the day. We end up leaving the house around 9:30. We had planned to stay at GIL's until around 1pm and then head to my uncles.

We had a great thanksgiving with the in-laws, the girls were well behaved, we got to see a long lost friend (he's marine and is stationed in Hawaii). The food didn't end up getting done until around 3pm. So we stayed and ate and headed out at around 4:45. We weren't even going to stop back by the house (which mind you, it's 5 minutes away from GIL), but decided to take the left overs home and get the girls some juice and then head to my uncles. 

We pulled up to the apartment, everything looked fine. I'm sitting outside listening to music and playing with the girls while waiting on Daddy. He leaves the door open and I can see straight to our fridge. Well after a few a seconds, I see dh completely stop in his tracks and face the living room, the color was gone from his face. He immediately went towards the back and then ran back out and told me to come here now something was wrong. I couldn't understand him at first and I just sat there like what, let's go. But the look on his face made me get out. I walk into the house and look and there is a huge white spot above where our tv was.

I realized we had been burglarized. The tv is gone, our ps3 is gone and dh said he ran back to check and our gun safe with our .44 and ammo was gone (our other guns were at GIL, dh's brother was fixing them for us). I immediately freak out and start panicking. I call BIL, he calls the cops and comes over immediately.

Nothing was damaged, in fact the girls christmas presents (unwrapped in the closet where the gun was) hadn't been touched. My computer hadn't been touched. My jewelry was all accounted for. They did not even go into the bathroom, kitchen, or the girls room. Nothing was out of place, besides the missing items.

The cops came and dusted for fingerprints, they couldn't find not one print on anything. My mom and I went and asked neighbors if they had seen anything and they hadn't. This was done in broad daylight!!

I called my grandmother while waiting on the cops and asked her if she had seen my brother I needed to know if he told anyone about our guns or something. I was distraught and was just looking for answers. My brother has a big mouth and doesn't hang around good people. She immediately got angry and told me it wasn't him and this and that and they are saying our neighbor did it and yada yada. I just don't know, we have lived here for two years with no issues and our neighbors are good people. It's caused a huge fight.

I am scared, tired, and everything else. It's all I can think about. I feel so violated. The items are replacable, but I am still scared to be here.

It's obvious it was someone who knew us, because the place wasn't ransacked, everything was just as neat as we left it. Even the cop pointed that out. So we gave him a list of everyone who knew about our gun(s), which wasn't very many. I mean they went directly to the closet, they knew where the gun was. 

Can someone just give me advice or peace of mind. :(

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Sorry for the crappy grammar, I am not the best writer or speller.

mamom01
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I might have missed something here...was your brother at dinner with you?

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM

No, I don't speak with my brother, not often anyway. We were at dinner at the in-laws and were suppose to go to my uncles dinner but didn't after what we discovered. He had been at MY grandma's all day "supposedly".

Quoting mamom01:

mamom01
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Hmm...I kind of get the impression that either he did it or he sent someone to do it.  Seems awful convenient. 

Sorry to hear this happened to you. 

Quoting armywife009:

No, I don't speak with my brother, not often anyway. We were at dinner at the in-laws and were suppose to go to my uncles dinner but didn't after what we discovered. He had been at MY grandma's all day "supposedly".

Quoting mamom01:

starmoonlight
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Obj wow! I'm sorry. It sounds like whoever it was knew exactly what they went there for so therefore looked for nothing else.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
myhandsomelove
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I'm sorry :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:46 AM

That's what I think. We had an argument about a month ago and not long after the argument we settled it. Well now all of a sudden he says he hasn't talked to me in a while and refuses too because I don't agree with his lifestyle. Funny he would say that after we got robbed. It's almost as if he is trying really hard to divert attention from himself. 

Thank you. I'm just so frustrated. I can't get past the thought of someone being in my home to steal our stuff and I just feel yucky thinking about it. I'm just glad we didn't walk in on it or something worse, whoever did it.

Quoting mamom01:

Hmm...I kind of get the impression that either he did it or he sent someone to do it.  Seems awful convenient. 

Sorry to hear this happened to you. 

Quoting armywife009:

Quoting mamom01:

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Thanks.

Quoting myhandsomelove:

I'm sorry :-(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know what advice I can give. I know with time, it gets easier. Be glad you weren't home, and as for the neighbors, of course they didn't see or hear anything. This happened to me, in an apartment no less, and the burglars had time to wipe us out. No one saw or heard anything.

Anyway, you probably won't get your stuff back, and sometimes burglars are smart enough to know, where safes are kept. Where else would they be? I'm sorry that happened to you and your family. Hope you can find peace in your home again, and soon. ((Hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. And thank you.

My mom and siblings and stepfather were victims of a home invasion when I was 13 (I was living with my grandmother) and they were nearly killed, stepdad had to have facial reconstruction. I'm just thankful it wasn't anything like what they went through. 

I know we probably won't get it back, I just hope they don't hurt anyone with the gun. That worries me. We gave the cops the serial numbers to everything, so I just hope the gun is found, so no one is harmed by it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know what advice I can give. I know with time, it gets easier. Be glad you weren't home, and as for the neighbors, of course they did see or hear anything. This happened to me, in an apartment no less, and the burglars had time to wipe us out. No one saw or heard anything.
Anyway, you probably won't get your stuff back, and sometimes burglars are smart enough to know, where safes are kept. Where else would they be? I'm sorry that happened to you and your family. Hope you can find peace in your home again, and soon. ((Hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)