Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're a genetic dead end....ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 421 Replies
4 moms liked this
I'm going to do an ETA just because this is pretty controversial and I appreciate the participation and maybe I can make it a little less offensive to the women who deserve children but can't have them. First off I'm sorry you can't have kids on your own.

I think science is amazing and that it's wonderful that we have found a way around these hiccups. I think all aspects of science are amazing, even the ugly parts of it. "Genetic dead ends" we're real many years ago and it's not something we have to deal with!! The opposite is true we can genetically create offspring now(which freaks me out) but I just want you all to know that if you're struggling to have kids I hope you get the kids you're fighting for!

You wouldn't know from my OP but I am for fertility treatment, pro choice and I vax my kids. I have had two csections 3 preemies and 2 pprom pregnancies. Sonic it wasn't for science and all of its glory I wouldn't have a family.

This was just something I have thought about and thought and knew your opinions would be interesting and I knew I would learn something. So please don't be offended I wish nothing but lots of babies for all who want them!

Have you ever considered this? People who can't have children together are genetic dead ends? If it wasn't for ivf, drugs, surrogates, and sperm donors some people just wouldn't be able to procreate! It's like we cheat natural selection! No wonder the planet is over populated, people who were not selected to reproduce are able to....
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM
5 moms liked this
I agree. Those who can't naturally have kids shouldn't mess with it. I don't believe in ivf and such.
TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM
14 moms liked this
Idiots.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:43 AM
13 moms liked this
I'm blessed to be fertile. I have a lot of sympathy for people that can't make babies naturally.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I wonder how many people think about this. There is a reason some people can't have kids together.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. Those who can't naturally have kids shouldn't mess with it. I don't believe in ivf and such.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Who?

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Idiots.
Thibmom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:46 AM
7 moms liked this
My ex and I were genetic dead ends. Thank God!! We TTC'd for a few years...naturally. Never could conceive together. My new DH and I were able to. We are expecting in March. I'm convinced that some people aren't biologically compatible. Funny thing, the ex and I both have a child from previous relationships, just never could have one together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Interesting theory. Idk if I agree but in a way it makes sense. I was blessed with being over fertile.
armyvet06
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:46 AM
10 moms liked this
So other women who want to be moms and experience pregnancy shouldnt just becausr they cant havr kids? Thats crap. If it wasnt for fertility drugs, my friend wouldnt be pregnant with her first born right now. All women should be able to experience pregnancy if they want to.
ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this
I understand but don't agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM
12 moms liked this
Thanks, so because I have PCOS I shouldn't be allowed to have kids? I'm a great mom, well educated (in Graduate school), and a good person, but according to your theory I shouldn't have kids because I have reproductive issues.

What about people who get pregnant at the drop of a hat and have kids that they don't want or can't afford? What about people who abuse their kids? They're all ok because they can have kids naturally?

I hope that you have serious reproductive issues and can't ever get pregnant again even with IVF.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN