Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms that drink LOOSE tea!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

What is the best kind of tea ball? the mesh? or the ones like this one?   or are there better alternatives?

For information please click the ribbon. 

I have something known as Nerofibromatosis. This illness causes tumors to grow within my body. I currently have brain tumors which affects my ability to function 100% normaly. My memory is poor as is my spelling and grammar abilities. It is a part of who my youngest is and a part of who I am. It is not all of ether of us.

My husbands best friends brother has a condition known as tuberous sclerosis. He was supposed to have died at a very young age. He is now close to 30 and still alive. He has had a few brain surgeries and has had to have his shunt replaced a few times. They run a program to help people with this condition. This ribbon will take you to their website where information on TS is located. 

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Loose tea? Tea gets around, huh? Lol
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:38 PM
I like the mesh one best, some if the ground bits make their way out of the holes in the ones like you pictured.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM

OK cool. Do you know of any good loose leaf tea brands? All I can find in the stores around here is tea bags. 

Quoting wickedfiress:

I like the mesh one best, some if the ground bits make their way out of the holes in the ones like you pictured.

For information please click the ribbon. 

I have something known as Nerofibromatosis. This illness causes tumors to grow within my body. I currently have brain tumors which affects my ability to function 100% normaly. My memory is poor as is my spelling and grammar abilities. It is a part of who my youngest is and a part of who I am. It is not all of ether of us.

My husbands best friends brother has a condition known as tuberous sclerosis. He was supposed to have died at a very young age. He is now close to 30 and still alive. He has had a few brain surgeries and has had to have his shunt replaced a few times. They run a program to help people with this condition. This ribbon will take you to their website where information on TS is located. 

MrsRi
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Mesh ones
jessistarr85
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:41 PM

I have used the metal ones before, but I cheated and cut a coffee filter, put the tea in it wrapped it up and then threw it in the tea ball. It worked but it was kinda a pain in the butt

jessistarr85
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Look in the section that has bulk foods (some times it will be in the same area as coffee) or bulk spices. The tea is usually in big plastic tubs that look like spice

Quoting gypsy_rose:

OK cool. Do you know of any good loose leaf tea brands? All I can find in the stores around here is tea bags. 

Quoting wickedfiress:

babynurse454
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM
I have both. I use my mesh one a lot more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM
I buy mine from a booth at our local market, sorry.

This booth also has like super catnip, my cat goes nuts for it, more so than the crap you get at the pet shop! Lol

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting wickedfiress:

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Mesh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:01 PM

The mesh one.  I looove Owen's Acres.

http://owensacres.com/

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)