Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think that women can actually be addicted to pregnancy?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM
  • 66 Replies
I am not trying to judge. I am just asking a honest question. Do you think that there are women that can actually be addicted to pregnancy and birth? Look at the Duggars, I am all about big families, and I am also religious. However, 19 kids is insane to me.

I am currently pregnant with my 6th baby. I honestly detest pregnancy. It's uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong. I planned to have this baby, and I love my children dearly. I just hate the latter part of pregnancy. So, I can't fathom being addicted to this feeling.

Having said that, I'm 13 weeks along, and I feel like it's another boy. I am so friggin' excited to meet this little bundle next year. This will probably be my last or next to it so I am really looking forward to breast feeding this time. That was off topic. Sorry. :)

Tell me what you think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof5kids84
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Bump
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Im 33 weeks and I cant imagine anyone being addicted to this! Maybe its the attention? IDK

mylovey
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Yes, I think so. I absolutely love pregnancy and birth. I don't want back-to-back children though.  

Mommy to little Miss. Saylor, and little Mr. Finley. 

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Maybe. As for me...I hate it lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM
I think it's possible. For me, no. For other women, sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Yes I am, unfortunately I can't have as many as I want because I have to have c-sections and the medicines (epidural & spinal) I am allergic to. So i am going to have my next baby (not pregnant) a natural water birth (I have to go to another state) I loved being pregnant and enjoyed the experience (even though it was bad) of my boys births.
colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:56 PM
I am, I know I am. I crave it.... I want another baby so bad :(
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:56 PM

My addiction is to motherhood and you usually have to get there through pregnancy. I got pregnant a lot but had 4 boys - 2 of which passed away (one at 6 years and next at 2 days)

Momof5kids84
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Why do you have to go to another state. The risk of risk of rupture is only as high as like 1.4%.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I am, unfortunately I can't have as many as I want because I have to have c-sections and the medicines (epidural & spinal) I am allergic to. So i am going to have my next baby (not pregnant) a natural water birth (I have to go to another state) I loved being pregnant and enjoyed the experience (even though it was bad) of my boys births.
LovingSAHMommy
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I think that people can be addicted to anything, so yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN