Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Grow up little boys!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

This isn't really a question, more of just acknowledging something I've noticed both on CafeMom and with some of the couples around me. I'm surpised (maybe a bit naive too) at how many grown men are obsessed with 'gaming' and even worse women that are with these men, then complain that they spend hours playing whatever their game of choice is! I'm 26 years old, my husband is 28 and we are expecting our first child here in the near future, We have a Wii, but the poor little thing has just collected dust over the past 8 months and was maybe used once a week before that (typically we were playing Mario Kart together). I guess I just can't imagine my husband being home at the same time that I am and making the choice to not do something together, but rather spend 3 hours playing a game. It also would NEVER fly in our home if he chose video games over our child ... or anything else for that matter. I bet you can already guess that there won't be a lot of video game usage by our children either :) I say grow up little boys and ladies that married or are in a relationship with those 'gamers', you signed up for it and probably let it slide for far too long so stop your complaining! 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM
I'm 25 my husband is 32 and are both gamers. *shrugs* as a matter of fact my husband is playing black ops 2 right now.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I find it immature, but it's no different really than watching sports or surfing the web....

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:46 PM
We both play video games. We balance it out but its nice for those quiet nights in or weekends.we.don't spend.money. Growing up is overrated. I would rather have fun...maybe its just not.your idea of fun but its ours. My dh is 33 and I'm 26.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Shut up & get the joystick out your butt :)
Thibmom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband is 33 and plays a game of Madden football every evening after work. It's his way of unwinding. I cook while he plays, which is something I enjoy. I don't mind it. It doesn't interfere with our time spent together as a family or a couple.

I couldn't have an excessive gamer. And also, he cleans the kitchen after dinner. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MariannLws
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:49 PM

You make some solid points. 

What about wives who do not complain and are perfectly fine with their husband's gaming any time or how long they like. 

My husband works very hard and gaming is his way to unwind. Heck I like to get up before everyone else on Saturday and Sunday mornings and play WoW. 

Elayna90
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM
Me and dh are both gamers. We play togethher and seperate and we play with the Kinect with our kids. I don't see any issue with gaming.
I can see an issue if it was excessive and took away from the family. But just playing once in a while isn't a problem, I don't think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM
i don't like doing things together.He plays games and i mess around on the internet. It wor for us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bitemebetty
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I actually game, not my husband. He use to but not anymore.

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM

My husband is 33, I'm 29, and we are both "gamers." Since having kids, neither of us play like we used to, but I never complained about him either. He doesn't put his games over me, or the kids, so I see no problem at all. If that's someone's hobby, and that's what they like, why do you care? Why is it such a bad thing? Oh well, I guess I just don't see the big deal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)