Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who has sex during their period?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you have sex during your period?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 138

View Results

I am so thankful my husband does not care because sex is awesome even when it is that time of the month.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Nope. We are Jewish and neither of us have ever considered any kind of sexual contact while I am on my period.

Momof5kids84
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:28 PM
I am the same way. When I first got Mirena, I bled for 6 weeks plus the 3 post-partum before I had it put in. On the pill, I bled for 5-7 days. I've always had yucky long periods. I have only just now quit bleeding after sex with this baby, and I'm 13 weeks. Also, if I missed a pill, my period would start. I'm just unlucky.

I hated Mirena. I will probably do paragard or tie my tubes after this baby.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have always had period issues.  They last three weeks, sometimes months, when I breastfeed I get my period right away, I bleed often during pregnancy, if there is a way or time someone might bleed I do.  I have tried many different forms of birth control for tht reason.

Quoting Momof5kids84:

That is normal on the Mirena. It thins out your uterine lining.

Quoting Anonymous:

That would be great.  I had the Mirena and bled continually for a few months.  My body just did not take well to it.

Quoting elizabg:

I will have sex anytime of the month.  I have the mirena and haven't had a period in over a year.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't. It grosses me out and makes my cramps worse and makes me nauseous.
Momof5kids84
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM
I'm going to go ahead and ask the obvious stupid question. Is there something in your religion that says you can't have sex during your period?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. We are Jewish and neither of us have ever considered any kind of sexual contact while I am on my period.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM
Nope. My husband says he can wait the 2-3 days. It may be different if I had a longer period.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Yes. According to the Torah, a man is forbidden from having sexual intercourse with menstruating woman. We are Orthodox. We wait 7 days from the last day of my period (which is 14 days total most of the time) before we even sleep together and I go to the ritual bath prior to being able to have sex again.

Quoting Momof5kids84:

I'm going to go ahead and ask the obvious stupid question. Is there something in your religion that says you can't have sex during your period?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Learn something new all of the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. According to the Torah, a man is forbidden from having sexual intercourse with menstruating woman. We are Orhodox. We wait 7 days from the last day of my period (which is 14 days total most of the time) before we even sleep together and I go to the ritual bath prior to being able to have sex again,

Quoting Momof5kids84:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM

This explains more... http://www.jewfaq.org/sex.htm

Quoting Anonymous:

Learn something new all of the time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. According to the Torah, a man is forbidden from having sexual intercourse with menstruating woman. We are Orthodox. We wait 7 days from the last day of my period (which is 14 days total most of the time) before we even sleep together and I go to the ritual bath prior to being able to have sex again.

Quoting Momof5kids84:

Quoting Anonymous:

Amy_M
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM

My husband really wouldn't care, but I get such bad cramps that there is no way I would be able to have sex.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM

It helps relieve my cramps which is one of the reasons I am all for it.

Quoting Amy_M:

My husband really wouldn't care, but I get such bad cramps that there is no way I would be able to have sex.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured