Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who has sex during their period?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you have sex during your period?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 138

View Results

I am so thankful my husband does not care because sex is awesome even when it is that time of the month.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Replies (41-50):
LovingSAHMommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM

No. My husband wouldn't mind, but I just think it's gross. Granted, I've done it before, but it was a rare occurence.

LovingSAHMommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Wow, I never knew that. That's interesting. What is a ritual bath, if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. According to the Torah, a man is forbidden from having sexual intercourse with menstruating woman. We are Orthodox. We wait 7 days from the last day of my period (which is 14 days total most of the time) before we even sleep together and I go to the ritual bath prior to being able to have sex again.

Quoting Momof5kids84:

I'm going to go ahead and ask the obvious stupid question. Is there something in your religion that says you can't have sex during your period?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. We are Jewish and neither of us have ever considered any kind of sexual contact while I am on my period.

sweetz684
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM
We have. Dh doesn't care at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babyboy117
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Yes, we do during the last couple days. Ir doesn't bother us. And I have pretty light periods.
CatherineNewton
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM

i do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM
We do it all the time. Orgasms are a great cure for cramps. DH isn't cringy over that stuff. He has went down on me during my period also.
LynBoz
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Not I.
StrangeDays
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Yep. My libido spikes when I have my period, just like it did when I was pregnant. I bet menopause is going to be fun ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Mikvah (MIK-vuh)
Lit. gathering. A ritual bath used for spiritual purification. It is used primarily in conversion rituals and after the period of sexual separation during a woman's menstrual cycles, but many Chasidim immerse themselves in the mikvah regularly for general spiritual purification.

Tevilah (teh-VEE-luh)
Immersion in the mikvah, a ritual bath used for spiritual purification. It is used primarily in conversion rituals and after the period of sexual separation during a woman's menstrual cycles, but many Chasidim undergo tevilah regularly for general spiritual purification.
Quoting LovingSAHMommy:

Wow, I never knew that. That's interesting. What is a ritual bath, if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. According to the Torah, a man is forbidden from having sexual intercourse with menstruating woman. We are Orthodox. We wait 7 days from the last day of my period (which is 14 days total most of the time) before we even sleep together and I go to the ritual bath prior to being able to have sex again.

Quoting Momof5kids84:

I'm going to go ahead and ask the obvious stupid question. Is there something in your religion that says you can't have sex during your period?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. We are Jewish and neither of us have ever considered any kind of sexual contact while I am on my period.

robyann
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:37 PM

When we were younger we did, not any more, it's just messy lol and we can wait a week now, back then we couldn't make it through a week without it. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)