Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my fitness pal...wtf.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

i signed up for my fitness pal. I've been tracking what i eat and all my activity. I'm allowed 1450 calories in order to lose 1.5 pounds a week. I've stuck to it. I've done good. but I'm not losing anything. What is wrong with me? I should be losing, right? Or is this site totally bogus? 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Your weight will fluctuate, especially if it's just before or just after your cycle.
I found that out when i was using one of those apps, like i'd be down 5 lbs then up 1/2 a lb and finally i went and talked to a nurse about it because i was so WTF about it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:45 PM

bump

daughteroftruth
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I have known many people that this site has worked great for.  Are you exercising?  How long have you carried this extra weight?  And how long have you been sticking with the 1450 calorie intake?

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM

dont know about it i use Loseit.com 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM

It also depends on what kinds of food you're eating and how much water you're drinking. If you're eating 1450 of salty foods like chips, crackers, high fat meats and not drinking enough water you're going to retain a lot of water weight.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM

its not fluctuating. its staying the same, not budging. its been a month now. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Your weight will fluctuate, especially if it's just before or just after your cycle.
I found that out when i was using one of those apps, like i'd be down 5 lbs then up 1/2 a lb and finally i went and talked to a nurse about it because i was so WTF about it. 

StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Quoting white_wolf454:

dont know about it i use Loseit.com 

what is that? 

StrawberryCool
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

i use it. and i love it. 

but i'm waiting until most likely after the holidays to start up my diet again. 

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM
3 moms liked this

It has nothing to do with the site. lol. They can only give you guidelines to follow but every person and every BODY is different. Maybe you set your calorie goal too low. If that is the case, your body will hold onto the fat. So maybe try eating an extra 100 calories per day and see what happens.

ETA: I have been using MFP for over a year (I've actually logged in for almost 315 days in a row.. yay me!) and I've lost 100 pounds by tracking my calories and watching what I eat.

pregnancy week by week

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM

been dieting since april, been using the app for a month, i excerise 3 times a week, its the most i can fit into my schedule. I've carried most of this weight since i was pregnant with my 16 month old, and a little bit of it before him. i wasnt really counting calories before the app but since i started using it it looks like ive been right around that many calories anyways since i havent had to change anything in order to stick to it. just cut back on a little coffee, thats all. 

Quoting daughteroftruth:

I have known many people that this site has worked great for.  Are you exercising?  How long have you carried this extra weight?  And how long have you been sticking with the 1450 calorie intake?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)