Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NO $ TO GET MARRIED BUT $ TO HAVE A BABY

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Bf and I have been together for almost 5 years, one baby who's almost 2 and another one on the way. We don't have the money for a ring or a wedding, but that doesn't mean we don't have money to provide for our children.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:27 PM
I think you are confusing wedding with marriage. One can get married for next to nothing while weddings cost a lot, or can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:27 PM

funny we didn't spend  a crap load on our wedding all together it cost us 150 85.50 for marriage license  and  75 for the judge  don't need a ring  to show your love  for  one another  because  the  only ring  that  counts  is the ones  you wear around heart for each other 

redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

um...a marriage license is $20-$90.....just saying

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Then i dont see a problem... Do you really just have a fear of commitment?

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

Our license is only $30 something

Quoting marinesweetie:

Ummm... In the state i got married, the marraige license was 97$.... You dont need a big wedding to start a marraige.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brandyns87
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM

That's how I feel. I want a nice wedding and a nice ring. I don't want to get married in a courthouse, and I don't mind waiting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Bf and I do want to have a small wedding, and he wants to get me a nice ring. Besides a wedding is a chunk of money all at once. You don't pay 18 years right off the bat

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

I find it odd you have money to pay for 18 yrs of child raising needs but not cheap wedding ring and wedding

Ms.Pink.
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Lol I am not the OP. Just adding detail to yours to show it's not that expensive

Quoting marinesweetie:

Then i dont see a problem... Do you really just have a fear of commitment?

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

Our license is only $30 something

Quoting marinesweetie:

Ummm... In the state i got married, the marraige license was 97$.... You dont need a big wedding to start a marraige.....

Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I learned on here that you can buy a wedding cake at walmart on foodstamps. LOL Im picturing david's bridal with a sign in the window that says "We now accept EBT Cash"!

Quoting wkukid:

Of course not. Pa covers kids, not weddings.

CatherineNewton
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM

its different a wedding is a lot of money up front and center. But children are a day to day thing and its not like spending thousands of dollars for a day. Over a life time yes. So I understand what you are saying! 

Ms.Pink.
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM

You've had 5 yrs to save.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bf and I do want to have a small wedding, and he wants to get me a nice ring. Besides a wedding is a chunk of money all at once. You don't pay 18 years right off the bat

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

I find it odd you have money to pay for 18 yrs of child raising needs but not cheap wedding ring and wedding

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)