Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

NO $ TO GET MARRIED BUT $ TO HAVE A BABY

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Bf and I have been together for almost 5 years, one baby who's almost 2 and another one on the way. We don't have the money for a ring or a wedding, but that doesn't mean we don't have money to provide for our children.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
Tinabee88
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM
$150 for marriage license and jop vs 18 years of raising of raising multiple kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM

She doesn't need a wedding, she can do it at a courthouse. It's a excuse lol.

Quoting Mrs.Bryant1201:

I learned on here that you can buy a wedding cake at walmart on foodstamps. LOL Im picturing david's bridal with a sign in the window that says "We now accept EBT Cash"!

Quoting wkukid:

Of course not. Pa covers kids, not weddings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Getting married is WAY CHEAPER than raising a baby, so wtf are you talking about? Lol
littlelimom
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM

LOL, yeah right.

We have one child, and by the time she reaches 18 we would probably have spent enough money just on her to pay for at least 10 weddings. Add in another child, and well c'est la vie. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM
I don't see any harm in waiting either. Our children are being taken care of. They come first. Went the money comes together for a wedding then well have one later.

Quoting Brandyns87:

That's how I feel. I want a nice wedding and a nice ring. I don't want to get married in a courthouse, and I don't mind waiting.

Tinabee88
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM
LMFAO!

Quoting Mrs.Bryant1201:

I learned on here that you can buy a wedding cake at walmart on foodstamps. LOL Im picturing david's bridal with a sign in the window that says "We now accept EBT Cash"!

Quoting wkukid:

Of course not. Pa covers kids, not weddings.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM
But you don't pay for a child of 18 years all at once

Quoting littlelimom:

LOL, yeah right.

We have one child, and by the time she reaches 18 we would probably have spent enough money just on her to pay for at least 10 weddings. Add in another child, and well c'est la vie. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

We made bank on our "wedding"

Dh and I did a JoP. No rings. We received aout $2,000 dollars from relatives, friends and family as wedding, congratulation gifts. It was awesome. Lol.

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Sry! Didnt pay attention to the sn. I got married in fl 5 yrs ago. It was 97$ for us lol. Idk what it is now.

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

Lol I am not the OP. Just adding detail to yours to show it's not that expensive

Quoting marinesweetie:

Then i dont see a problem... Do you really just have a fear of commitment?

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

Our license is only $30 something

Quoting marinesweetie:

Ummm... In the state i got married, the marraige license was 97$.... You dont need a big wedding to start a marraige.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see the big deal... What really matters is your love and commitment for each other, not a peice of paper.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)