Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms of dd's HELP! boob question involved

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:59 PM
  • 81 Replies

my 8 almost 9 y/o dd has started getting boobs. a couple months ago it was just the nipple and now they are popping out. I bought her a sportsbra type thing, but she refuses to wear it.

my other child is a boy, 21 so no experience there, and it's been a super long time since I started getting my boobs so can't remember the protocol...

any mommas out there with girls who recently went thru this? I could really use some help

by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovelyCorrupt
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM
My mother reminded me abt boys looking at my nipples and it was inappropriate so I needed a bra
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aiyess
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Ask her to start wearing a cami with the built in bra
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NikiSellers0806
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM
5 moms liked this
Mines not old enough yet (only 3) but maybe take her to the store and let HER pick out what she likes. Make it a fun girls day, a celebration of her "womanhood".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM
3 moms liked this

What exactly are you asking?

At that age, if she is starting to develope, make bras a requirement, the same as underwear. If she balks, just sit her down and explain that as girls get older, their bodies change, and the undergarment requirements change. 

egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Let her pick out a bra she likes. Sports bras aren't for everyone and she may not find it comfortable.
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:03 PM
This. lucky fit me, my daughter was excited to wear them.

Quoting Anonymous:

What exactly are you asking?

At that age, if she is starting to develope, make bras a requirement, the same as underwear. If she balks, just sit her down and explain that as girls get older, their bodies change, and the undergarment requirements change. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ALWsMomma
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
My boobs grew in around 8 but we were not allowed to wear bra's til ten. 2 years of being teased about my boobs was enough I never go without a bra unless I am showering or sexing. Her pers will teach her to wear a bra if you can't
little.wise.owl
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I had a b cup at 10 and a double d cup by 13 grade. Started my period at 9. For some girls it just starts too soon. gl mama

brittanyjenean
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Allow her to pick out her own bra. I wasn't so lucky. I had my dad and I didn't even know I needed a bra until one of the girls in my fifth grade class pointed it out to me. Tell your DD it will be far more embarrassing later on to be told by someone else you need a bra as opposed to just getting it over with now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I started getting mine around 10 and my mom would not let me wear a bra. I was teased and stared at... Please get her something she will wear. Definitely let her pick, they make some cute ones for her age group!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN