Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dread when my dd comes home.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies
I let dd stay with my parents quite frequently, because I don't have the patience fo deal with how she acts.

When she's home, no matter how long, a 2 wks, a month, 2 months, without visiting them. She constantly cries for them. I get that it's more "fun" there but with a young infant I can't constantly be outside with her to play like my dad can. I also don't let her have her way either or baby her. She asks repeatedly if she's good can she go, are we going to town with nana when we wake up, I wanna stay with papa.

She constantly has tissue in her hand bcuz she's ALWAYS crying over something. I end up snapping at her & feel bad but she drives me insane.Sometimes I would just rather her stay so I don't have to deal with it....I know that sounds horrible
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WhitleyLyles
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

youre right it sounds horrible

I really dont know what else to say 

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:20 PM

You can read to her about having a new baby in the house.

It takes time to get used to having a new baby, and until she gets used to it, you will have to work with her.

This too shall pass.  She'll get over it.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Hugs. Get it together mama, she can probably tell you don't like her very much. You have to stop that cycle now. Get some help for y'all. It'll be OK.

Teacher101
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Perhaps you should invite your parents over to visit at your home more frequently. This relationship between you and your child sounds unhealthy. You need to make the transition from her being your parents child who visits you to being your child who visits your parents.

x.Aim.x
by Amy on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM

okidoki then.

KGreen75
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM
3 moms liked this
She is picking up on the fact that you don't like her. Get some therapy, if you have an infant your probably have some PPD going on. See a doctor before you do irreversible psychological damage to that poor child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM

she might benefit from some "alone" time with you. It's hard to make time if you're working, have other kids etc but if she feels more "special" at home she won't feel the need to go there as much.  I would feel horrible if my kid preferred my parents to me all the time (sometimes, at 13 mos, she does want Nunnie or Pap over me....but more often, she wants me over anyone else, include husband, who hates that).  Take a deep breath when you're frustrated with her and do something positive with her.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM
She was like this long before the baby came about

Quoting celestegood:

You can read to her about having a new baby in the house.

It takes time to get used to having a new baby, and until she gets used to it, you will have to work with her.

This too shall pass.  She'll get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I haz a sad for you.
ibelieveinpink
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I agree.

Quoting Teacher101:

Perhaps you should invite your parents over to visit at your home more frequently. This relationship between you and your child sounds unhealthy. You need to make the transition from her being your parents child who visits you to being your child who visits your parents.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured