Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Divorce & Child Support Question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
We've decided Divorce is imminent. We live upstate Albany, New York. His gross pay is $83k yearly. Does anyone know of a cs calculator (The ones ive found online arent giving me exact numbers) or approx. how much child support he would have to pay for two bio minor children? We talked and made it official that we'd start proceedings but we're cordial and I really don't want the Court system robbing him when we can live on a bit less than what they may make him pay. Does anyone know? and if its too high is there a way for me to ask the court to lower it? Im sorry this is all new to me. ty in advance.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:00 PM
If you both agree on the divorce and cs the judge will not order it you can keep it between you n the ex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:02 PM
ok ty for your response. So we can both come to an agreement about cs and they'll honor it. I didnt know that.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you both agree on the divorce and cs the judge will not order it you can keep it between you n the ex.
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM
You guys can write up your own paperwork and come to an agreement and sign off on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM

When you file your final divorce decree, as long as the two of you agree on the amount, you can put any dollar amount on there and the judge will sign it.

Mommy2Jolee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM
In Texas it's 15% for the first born, 10% for the second and 5% for each there after up to a certain percentage of their pay.

XH and I have 3 children so if he was actually paying his child support I would be getting 30% of his income.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:07 PM
thanks ladies, he's a good man just not the man for me & even though our marriage is over I want him to be able to live & eat.

Quoting alwayskk:

When you file your final divorce decree, as long as the two of you agree on the amount, you can put any dollar amount on there and the judge will sign it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM
in your State is this amount mandatory regardless of if you two came to an agreement?

Quoting Mommy2Jolee:

In Texas it's 15% for the first born, 10% for the second and 5% for each there after up to a certain percentage of their pay.

XH and I have 3 children so if he was actually paying his child support I would be getting 30% of his income.
Mommy2Jolee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM
No, that's how the court determines it if you can't come to an agreement. My XH is a royal dick and refused to agree on anything... it didn't work out so well for him.

Quoting Anonymous:

in your State is this amount mandatory regardless of if you two came to an agreement?

Quoting Mommy2Jolee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)