Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHMs are you only still married because you can't afford to leave?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies
Be honest. I am but tonight I told my Husband I want a divorce and Im searching for work now. We've agreed that if I don't get a job in a certain amount of time, I'm going to go to the local College & get my Admin/Exec Certificate to help my resume out some. What about you? We can support each other through this. I am not here to bash you.I'm a SAHM going through divorce as of today.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Some days I feel like that.  Other days I feel like we'll be together forever we're so in love.  I am going to school so when the kids are all in full day I'll be able to contribute for real...but I also secretly do it so I won't feel trapped.

michellej428
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM
4 moms liked this
Nope! I'm still married because I love dh, he's my best friend and I can't imagine my life without him! Sorry you are going through this. But be thankful he is willing to work with you so you can support yourself before you're on your own!! Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayjayjess
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, I'm still married because I love my husband and he loves me.

My children are the source of my strength, frustration, happiness, insanity, sanity, irritability.  They are the definition of unconditional love.

MommySally
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM
No, I could leave if I wanted. But me and ky husband have a great relationship. I'm sorry you are going through a divorce
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaRae85
by *you're on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Absolutely not. I love my husband and feel very fortunate to have found my prefect perfect match.

I said the MATCH was perfect, not me! lol

xoxoDanicaxoxo
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM
No we are married because we love each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM
I'm not married but I'm only with him because I see no other way right now either than living off welfare and never sowing a thing. So instead I'm trying to go back to school so one day I can get out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Thank you. It was a hard decision but after decade neither of us want to be married anymore.

Quoting MommySally:

No, I could leave if I wanted. But me and ky husband have a great relationship. I'm sorry you are going through a divorce
Unoriginal.
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM
No
I'm still married because I love my husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Yes and it makes me very depressed
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN