Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would u stay married if he cheated and now all the money goes 2 his kid?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 201 Replies

My husband had an affair and I didn't seek a divorce when I found out. I learned this when the other woman was pregnant.he said she was not going to file for child support. She did.so now out of 3500, a big part goes to his child.he pays about 700. This will go on for another 17 years and now I'm questioning if I want to stay married. It seems that he has seen the child and spent time with them despsite my request not to see him or them.

what do you ladies think?

shall I file for divorce?

we don't have kids so I don't know if I am getting anything out of this?

edit

Im on cafe mom because I was married and had a daughter and my husband and dd died in a car accident.

then I married the man in qquestion also, it is not so much about the child support payments but the fact that he still sees her

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:27 PM
6 moms liked this
Id be gone. I just couldn't stay married in that situation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM
I would totally be gone!
FL2AK
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM
7 moms liked this

I would have left when he cheated.  Then when you consider that he didn't even practice safe sex when he cheated....yeah, we would be done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I would totally be gone!

I'd feel as if the other woman wins and she will probably end up getting more.we do have a house and I guess that is all I can claim.since my daughter from my first marriage passed, I was never able to get pregnant and we invested all our money n that

SavdNSanctified
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM
This!

Quoting FL2AK:

I would have left when he cheated.  Then when you consider that he didn't even practice safe sex when he cheated....yeah, we would be done.

Jade89
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I would've left after he cheated

And the kid would have sealed the deal on it

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Quoting FL2AK:

We rarely have sex. Since I learned about the affair and when we did, we used condoms

RaLALA
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:32 PM
2 moms liked this
If i loved him and honestly believed he was sorry id try. But if the money bothered you...you dont love him like that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom-2-3-Girlz
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM
9 moms liked this

I think I would have filed divorce over the cheating...not over the child or the child support. The child is here now, it is cruel to ask him not to see his child or for the child to grow up without a father (the child didn't do this). But he broke his vows. Divorce him. Don't make it about the child or child support though.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM
10 moms liked this

I think you're a bitch for saying he shouldn't ever see his kid that he's 1. paying for 2. the father of 3. should be respected for stepping up and being a FATHER. How would you feel if he ditched out if you had kids later down the line 100% probably like shit huh. 

Divorce if you want but don't make it about the kid. That makes you look like a POS. 

Be pissed he still see's her make conditions that they dont' do things as a 'family' fine whatever thats at least normal jealousy but asking a man to turn his back on his kid yeah he did a asshole move cheating but at least he stepped up thats commendable. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)