Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would u stay married if he cheated and now all the money goes 2 his kid?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband had an affair and I didn't seek a divorce when I found out. I learned this when the other woman was pregnant.he said she was not going to file for child support. She did.so now out of 3500, a big part goes to his child.he pays about 700. This will go on for another 17 years and now I'm questioning if I want to stay married. It seems that he has seen the child and spent time with them despsite my request not to see him or them.

what do you ladies think?

shall I file for divorce?

we don't have kids so I don't know if I am getting anything out of this?

edit

Im on cafe mom because I was married and had a daughter and my husband and dd died in a car accident.

then I married the man in qquestion also, it is not so much about the child support payments but the fact that he still sees her

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I would of left when he cheated. But you can't keep him from seeing his child, it's not the baby's fault your husband cheated on you. Why shouldn't he have his dad in his life?

If you're not happy with the situation, and you don't think you can be happy then I would leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM
My dh got the ow preggo, left me to live with her for a year or so, we never divorced. They had two kids together, we're back together now.

And we have 50/50 so no cs changes hands.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Quoting Jade89:

I would've left after he cheated

And the kid would have sealed the deal on it

The affair was so etching he could not hide as she was pregnant and he wanted me and his family to know direct,y from him

Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be gone, but I also wouldn't request that he not see his child. In my eyes that would make him a dead beat and I could definitely not handle being with a dead beat.

ajrjj05
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:36 PM

well I think that is his child he has a right to see it.. either you accept the fact that he has a child and let it go... or dwell on it and let it ruin your marriage it is your call. but since she already filed for support she'll get the higher amount, your children will get less. So he pays her $700 a week, or a month?

AmyD43
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I font think I'd ever go back to a man who left me! Of he left he's gone for good!

Quoting Anonymous:

My dh got the ow preggo, left me to live with her for a year or so, we never divorced. They had two kids together, we're back together now.

And we have 50/50 so no cs changes hands.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajrjj05
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM

just seen you don't have kids part..opps Sorry.. Can I ask why you don't have kids?! Honestly knowing that let him go be with his child.. You can easily move on...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Quoting ajrjj05:

well I think that is his child he has a right to see it.. either you accept the fact that he has a child and let it go... or dwell on it and let it ruin your marriage it is your call. but since she already filed for support she'll get the higher amount, your children will get less. So he pays her $700 a week, or a month?

We don't have kids.i had one but she passed before. Married him.he pays that amount per month and I believe she requested an evacuation of the agreed amount as daycare was not calculated and he is supposed to lay half of it so it will be higher.at least another 300

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I would leave. But I think its pretty bitchy you don't want him to be involved in his child's life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Quoting ajrjj05:

just seen you don't have kids part..opps Sorry.. Can I ask why you don't have kids?! Honestly knowing that let him go be with his child.. You can easily move on...

I don't know

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN