Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would u stay married if he cheated and now all the money goes 2 his kid?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband had an affair and I didn't seek a divorce when I found out. I learned this when the other woman was pregnant.he said she was not going to file for child support. She did.so now out of 3500, a big part goes to his child.he pays about 700. This will go on for another 17 years and now I'm questioning if I want to stay married. It seems that he has seen the child and spent time with them despsite my request not to see him or them.

what do you ladies think?

shall I file for divorce?

we don't have kids so I don't know if I am getting anything out of this?

edit

Im on cafe mom because I was married and had a daughter and my husband and dd died in a car accident.

then I married the man in qquestion also, it is not so much about the child support payments but the fact that he still sees her

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

I wouldn't stay if he cheated, and a pre-req for a boyfriend was that he have no kids.  Why are you on cm if you're not a mom?

Yes I should probably leave cm but the depression group has been great after I lost my child

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I could forgive the cheating. But getting another woman pregnant is a deal breaker. My husband knows this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I wouldn't request that he not see his kids, that's just wrong. 

To answer your question, I can't say that I would stay with him under those circumstances. You need to decide if you can be in a relationship with him and this child. I know it isn't fair, but this child did nothing wrong and has a right to see his/her father. If you can't live with it, then you need to leave.

kblossom20
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:46 PM

After reading more of what you've posted I WOULD DEFINITELY FILE FOR DIVORCE. No question. No question at all.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

cherib82
by Post Killer on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Nope, gone. Would not stay and pay for a child I had no help in making.

kaycersmom
by Katie on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Leave.

It effed up of you saying not to see his kid, yet he didn't care what you thought/felt. His actions show over and over again that he clearly doesn't give a shit about you. I'd leave!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I would totally be gone!

I'd feel as if the other woman wins and she will probably end up getting more.we do have a house and I guess that is all I can claim.since my daughter from my first marriage passed, I was never able to get pregnant and we invested all our money n that

mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM

aww, so you are a mom.  I wasn't trying to be cranky, I just always wonder why someone who appears to not have kids is on cm.  Sorry for your loss; no mother should ever have to go through that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

I wouldn't stay if he cheated, and a pre-req for a boyfriend was that he have no kids.  Why are you on cm if you're not a mom?

Yes I should probably leave cm but the depression group has been great after I lost my child

beerebelly
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kblossom20:

How old are you? I would highly consider a divorce. He's going against your wishes to see a kid that was a product of him cheating. I know it's not the child's fault, but it's still inappropriate. You shouldn't have to deal with that! 

So you suggest he never sees his child and has nothing to do with him? Nice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Quoting beerebelly:

She said she had a daughter that passed. Even still, she is now a step-mom lol

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

I'm not a stepmom and he will not bring his son here.this is my home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)