Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to self induce...

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:36 AM
  • 183 Replies

I am 35 weeks pregnant, I am high risk and my dr wants to medically induce me at 37 weeks (if not sooner)... I was medically induced with my oldest at 41 weeks and it sucked and I didnt feel the good experience i wish to feel... I know it is risky and I know I will not go to full term so I am wondering what is safe ways to self induce.. I know sex is a topper but my husband is terrified of the thought of my water breaking on him... so any thing else... i dont want to have all that medication again in 2 weeks. :/

For those who think i am doing this just to be a bitch and hurt my child i really wish this pregnancy would have went easier. I dont want to be induced at 37 weeks.. i dont want to be induced at 41 I DONT WANT TO BE INDUCED.. but things have to happen. and I am not meaning doing it tonight or anytime in the next week i was going to try closer to the date the dr is putting me in the hospital. I was medically induced with my oldest and his heart stopped due to the medication i was on. I was being taken to the csection room when my body finally pushed him out. luckily he started screaming the moment he came out. I am not doing this for my own personal gain I am doing this to keep me and the child ALIVE. I dont want to go with what happend before. My doctor is a damn good doctor and knows what he is doing. They can check the lungs of the child with ultrasound machines and these doppler thingies that let you hear the flow and function of them. I have had so many ultrasounds i know this.. i see them every 2 weeks. 

I understand that alot of people think that they are right and i even love the comments of how i am a horrid person and dont deserve a child b/c i would rather go a more natural route than to be hooked up to tons of medications and cause more problems for me and my baby. This isnt my first child but it will be my last (hubby is getting snipped in January) with my oldest he had complications with everything i was on. i was hooked up to machines for 38 hours and my fever sky rocketed from it, the little monitors on him that they placed in his head when i was pushing lost his heart beat all together. it was the scariest thing i had ever witnessed is the thought of having a baby born asleep. Luckily when he hit the air he started screaming. From everything that went on that day my son threw up a bloody mess for 3 days after he was born and it was very gross and scared the crap out of me. my body didnt recover as fast due to how long i just laid therre and how long i had to push. which was fine my baby was alive. Now with his little brother I dont want the same fears to happen in the delivery room. He isnt as big or as strong as his brother was and i dont want him to have to suffer the way his bubba did. The dr wants to medically induce me because my body cant handle everything anymore. my bp is to high and everytime i have a contraction/bh my heart speeds up very high and makes me almost faint. I have been on bedrest since i found out i was pregnant and i have gd and preeclampsia. (Luckily the proteins in my urine havent gone higher) and I know if he was born right this second (which he wont be i dont want him here yet) he would servive i was born at 35 weeks, and I was completely fine. My mother was born at 34 weeks and she was completely fine.. my daddy was born at 32 weeks and drunk (his mother was an idiot and a whore) and he survived. we were all a little tiny but nothing was wrong. we went home on time (except daddy he was adopted out and they had to waite for the paperwork and all that jazz). Once again ladies I dont want to do this for my own personal pleasure. I have prayed every night that my baby could stay safe and that he wouldnt have to come early but my body and my heart are working against my wants. So there it is, am i still a waste of a vagina

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed.momma
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't try anything yourself :/ if your dr is medically inducing you before full term, I would assume you would be getting steroid shots to mature baby's lungs? Idk your situation. I would wait.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:42 AM

i had an ultrasound last week his lungs look amazing he is just a little skinny... but all the medical problems are all my own. i cant keep my bp in a good range and his cord isnt sending all the nutrients trough thanks to something to do with me.. i feel he would servive better out side of me

Quoting blessed.momma:

I wouldn't try anything yourself :/ if your dr is medically inducing you before full term, I would assume you would be getting steroid shots to mature baby's lungs? Idk your situation. I would wait.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:42 AM
Huh. Your comfort and what you prefer over your baby's well being? I've got nothing nice to say so I'm just going to back out.
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:44 AM

he is fine its me that is having problems and i would rather have a more natural way of inducing than all the medication i was on last time. it caused problems with my oldest babies heart slowing down b/c of what they had me on. im sorry i would rather be more natural than risk this babys heart to stop like his big brothers did

Quoting Anonymous:

Huh. Your comfort and what you prefer over your baby's well being? I've got nothing nice to say so I'm just going to back out.

April620
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Phoebe-81
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Sex. It's worked like a charm.
kblossom20
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't do it yourself. Wtheck.... Just wait, and do what your doctor feels is best. You don't want to do anything to jeopardize the safety of your baby.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EAzizM
by Erica on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM
2 moms liked this
He is ok at 35 weeks? According to who?

Quoting Meghan6391:

he is fine its me that is having problems and i would rather have a more natural way of inducing than all the medication i was on last time. it caused problems with my oldest babies heart slowing down b/c of what they had me on. im sorry i would rather be more natural than risk this babys heart to stop like his big brothers did

Quoting Anonymous:

ripemango
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

very recent evidence supports that sex does not stimulate the body to give birth

i don't think anything really works...it's just old wives tales

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 12:50 AM

according to the dr. he is just skinny. and like i said he wants to induce me at 37 weeks if he doesnt come before then. i have ultrasounds every 2 weeks so he is very well watched over. 

Quoting EAzizM:

He is ok at 35 weeks? According to who?

Quoting Meghan6391:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)